• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Paul Maiwurm Cyclonic Rocket

Nik

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Apart from the minor issues that the prop blades are too small and badly shaped, how are those drive pods to be supported ??

Stargazer2006

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Reaction score
Contrary to the unbuilt Cyclonic-Rocket of 1934, the Flyworm, also known as the Maiwurm Cyclonic Aircraft, was a real aircraft.

It was an experimental tilt-wing single-seater powered by an 80hp LeRhône rotary engine, and using a rotating barrel to create a theoretical "cyclonic vortex" at 200 rpm for thrust.

Registered as [X990E] it was started in 1925 and tested in 1929, although to what degree of success is not known.

Attachments

hesham

Reaction score
Thank you my dear Skyblazer,

and we can transfer it into the Bar section.

Stargazer2006

Staff member
Reaction score
hesham said:
and we can transfer it into the Bar section.
"The Bar"?? This is the second time you've suggested such a transfer in a month, hesham... I believe that despite your being one of the oldest member here you still do not understand what the "Bar" section is about, so let me explain it to you."The Bar" is for every discussion that has NOTHING to do with aviation OR that is not to be taken seriously.

Here we have what was obviously a REAL aircraft designer (however wacky) and one that even had a prototype completed and registered. The only logical place for this topic is in the "Early Projects" section!

hesham

Reaction score
OK my dear Skyblazer,

any suitable section will be better.

hesham

Reaction score
Hi,

http://members.eaavintage.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/VA-Vol-13-No-8-Aug-1985.pdf

Attachments

hesham

Reaction score
Hi,

here is a same designer and same concept,but was in anther airplane patent.

https://www.google.com/patents/US1743467?dq=Paul+Maiwurm+airplane&hl=ar&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4lrOlz73LAhXBbxQKHSmTAHkQ6wEIQzAE

Attachments

Boxman

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Here is footage of the Maiwurm Fly Wurm (reg. NX990E ) in action (albeit not flying). See the 3min 08sec mark of the film below.
YouTube - Speed Graphic Film and Video: "Odd Ducks, Vol. III: Unusual and Unique Aircraft from the Movietone Collection"

By the way, several other of the films that may be of interest of the forum are also posted at this YouTube site. I have hyperlinked them below:
Odd Ducks: Unusual Aircraft from the Movietone Collection, 1921-1934
Odd Ducks, Vol. II: Unusual and Unique Aircraft from the Movietone Collection
Odd Ducks, Vol. IV: Unusual and Unique Aircraft from the Movietone Collection - Footage of the Fokker F-32 (15min 46sec mark)
The Guggenheim Air Safety Competition, 1929