flateric goodness Spring 2010 Vertiflight magazine

yasotay

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I get my Spring 2010 copy of Vertiflite magazine today and a casual flip through it shows lots (I mean lots) of pictures a three views of Russian rotorcraft. It turns out that our own flateric has TWO articles in the magazine.

Well done!

Reviews to follow. ;)

actually, these are third and fourth articles for Vertiflite, made together with old friend Mike Hirschberg aka Vstol (with his giant editing efforts), and illustrated by great drawings of Jens Baganz aka Jemiba
next in series should be Mi-28/Ka-50/Ka-52 article, HeliRussia 2010 review and may be LII Turbolyot history

That's really great! Tell me something: have you ever written something on Yakovlev's helicopters? The Yak-24 Horse of course, but also the Chutka and projects. And if not, do you have a good reference on these? Thanks!

may be in future
regarding Yakovlev choppers, try to ask Ucon (Konstantin Udalov)

flateric said:
actually, these are third and fourth articles for Vertiflite, made together with old friend Mike Hirschberg aka Vstol (with his giant editing efforts), and illustrated by great drawings of Jens Baganz aka Jemiba
next in series should be Mi-28/Ka-50/Ka-52 article, HeliRussia 2010 review and may be LII Turbolyot history

Well my apologies for not having acknowledged the great work of Jemiba, or that there had been previous articles already.

By the way they are great articles that are very informative without all of the "fluf" you usually see in articles these days. It certainly has a good laydown of the difficulties and challenges of the Russian rotorcraft industry. What impresses me is that even with that challenge the two primary design bureaus continue to demonstrate innovation.

Back
Top Bottom