Finnish and austrian hostages in Yemen !

topspeed3

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
A finnish couple and a young man from Austria are being held by Al-Qaeda in Yemen.
They were kidnapped last year and so far austrian citizen has appeared in a ransom video.
Any chance to get them free peacefully ?
Good ideas how to free them ?
Is Chuck Norris still in business or Rambo and whuchhimmacallit...Putins friend ?

topspeed3 said:
No ideas to help finns and an austrian ?
We don't know where they are or who are holding them. That kinda limits ones options.

perttime said:
Yep. First you have to find them.

Sounded like the reporter who had seen them was scared to death ? I mean if he told more he'd be finished ? That was the content of the news that I hear from radio...Sana is a city in Yemen.

Looks like they are freed and soon at home.
I don't really expect to find out much about how they were freed. Safety of other western hostages in Yemen, etc... Finnish Foreign Minister says that they did not pay a ransom. Maybe somebody else did. Newspapers mention that the Sultan of Oman may have influenced the outcome.

perttime said:
Looks like they are freed and soon at home.
I don't really expect to find out much about how they were freed. Safety of other western hostages in Yemen, etc... Finnish Foreign Minister says that they did not pay a ransom. Maybe somebody else did. Newspapers mention that the Sultan of Oman may have influenced the outcome.

Thank you Sultan of Oman !