He previously published a 100 page book covering the S-37 and MFI projects which were the predecessors to the SU-57. I hope he didn't just tack that onto this book to add filler. As someone who loves Russian aviation and owns a lot of his books, he has an annoying tendency to copy and paste text from his previous works on new titles.

Just wondering, are there any Russian language books that have covered the SU-57 ?

Last edited:

He previously published a 100 page book covering the S-37 and MFI projects which were the predecessors to the SU-57. I hope he didn't just tack that onto this book to add filler. As someone who loves Russian aviation and owns a lot of his books, he has an annoying tendency to copy and paste text from his previous works on new titles.

Just wondering, are there any Russian language books that have covered the SU-57 ?

I have the S-37 and MFI book alberchico, it remains my favourite Yefim Gordon book to this day, let’s hope he expands on it and includes new information as well.

Amazon says the book will be 224 pages long but Crecy says it is 400 pages in length. So I'm assuming Amazon is wrong ? Why is there such a big difference ?

Had Pre-Ordered my copy from Waterstones in the UK and they say on their website that it is 400 pages also, I think that Amazon is wrong and that they may have had old information when the book was first announced.

Crecy showed on Facebook that the book is now in stock.

Which means that the book will be getting delivered to the shops within the next 24 hours or so. Fingers crossed.
Don't count on it.

Blackwells now says: 15 December 2021.

Bookdepository now says: 50 days to go. That also corresponds to 15 Dec.
Here's the photo they posted. Their website says available on 25 October.
249136983_10159586742870909_1156093670470271756_n.jpg

Waterstones have recently updated the information about the book to say that it can now be ordered from the publisher.

If anyone who ordered this book could kindly post a picture of the table of contents when it arrives it would be most appreciated. I wonder how much cooperation he received from Sukhoi while preparing this text ? I just hope it's not dozens of pictures of the aircraft flying at airshows with little technical details.

If anyone who ordered this book could kindly post a picture of the table of contents when it arrives it would be most appreciated. I wonder how much cooperation he received from Sukhoi while preparing this text ? I just hope it's not dozens of pictures of the aircraft flying at airshows with little technical details.

I hope that Sukhoi co-operated with Yefim Gordon within the limits of national security of course.

Got a copy if this for sale at a discounted anyone is interested. Its 399 pages btw

I want to see if Yefim Gordon has managed to get any information about Mikoyan‘s PAK-FA fighter project, it would be interesting to see how it compared to the Su-57 technology wise.
A whole chapter on "Mikoyans misadventure "

Attachments

• 20211103_193214.jpg
    20211103_193214.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124

I hope that Sukhoi co-operated with Yefim Gordon within the limits of national security of course.
It did not

It did not
How does Yefim Gordon compare to Piotr Butowski when it comes to accuracy and thoroughness of coverage? Butowski's 96 page book on the aircraft is quite excellent, if a bit short.

It did not
How does Yefim Gordon compare to Piotr Butowski when it comes to accuracy and thoroughness of coverage? Butowski's 96 page book on the aircraft is quite excellent, if a bit short.
Thoroughness - tends to be everything and the kitchen sink, lots of pictures of varying degrees of interest. Recycles content from old books, this will contain stuff from the old S-37 and MFI book, not always revisited enough.
Accuracy - Variable, depends on the sources he's plagiarizing using. I'd prefer Mr Butowski on this.

Thanks for uploading the scan of the table of contents. I'm shocked that he managed to squeeze in about 15 pages devoted to the new Checkmate project. According to Amazon this book will not be available in the U.S until Dec 15. :confused:

Seems this book isnt really recommended eh.

regarding accuracy tho.. i would expect some contradictions data, like in his MiG-31 book.

regarding accuracy tho.. i would expect some contradictions data, like in his MiG-31 book.
The MiG-31 book suffers from him plagiarizing two different authors who had different opinions.

I wouldn't discount the book without seeing it. At least it should be a compendium of nice photos.

The MiG-31 book suffers from him plagiarizing two different authors who had different opinions.

I wouldn't discount the book without seeing it. At least it sho

I've always wondered, considering that this guy has a tendency to constantly copy and paste from other texts without providing proper citations, has anyone else in the literary community ever called him out over this ?

His writing style is a bit frustrating, but he is really the only person who is currently writing such in depth books on Russian aircraft. It is surprising that hardly any Western writers try to tackle this subject. For example, 2 years ago Osprey Publishing released an excellent one volume history of the Russian army, I'm surprised they haven't released something similar about the Russian air force.

Last edited:
Our postal service is in major financial difficulties - like every other government department - so i am deeply concerned about the successful passage of books from overseas to South Africa. At present i am awaiting about 15 books that i have ordered including several on aircraft. About half of which were ordered from the UK in August, where it usually takes less than a month to arrive. I guess that they are lying buried under a massive pile of yet-to-be-delivered post. It makes it very troubling to order books especially as i was retrenched 13 years ago, and now to all intent and purposes retired.

pls let me know if it has Su-57 photos with exposed radar X3.
There are images of the radar arrays, but they're displayed outside the aircraft. There's an image of an Su-57 with the radome removed, but the radar array is not fitted.

How about projects/alternative designs/intermediate steps?

Got my book today, Just started reading the first chapter about Mikoyan which is very interesting, one question though why the twin designations for the aircraft? 1.44 for the prototype and 1.42 for the production aircraft, which I find so confusing.

Got my book today, Just started reading the first chapter about Mikoyan which is very interesting, one question though why the twin designations for the aircraft? 1.44 for the prototype and 1.42 for the production aircraft, which I find so confusing.
1.44 is a demonstrator not a prototype. like the YF-22 or EAP, 1.42 is the final aircraft like the F-22 or Eurofighter. Mig 1.44 is a simplified design.

1.44 is a demonstrator not a prototype. like the YF-22 or EAP, 1.42 is the final aircraft like the F-22 or Eurofighter. Mig 1.44 is a simplified design.

Thanks F-2.

Back
Top Bottom