F7U Cutlass book (Naval Fighters 94)

Great to see that the Naval Fighters series is still growing... Can't wait to see this one.

Oh! Looks good. Ginter previously released a book about the Cutlass. This new one is about double the page count.

This is the earlier book:

http://www.ginterbooks.com/NAVAL/NF6.htm

Attachments

• NF06.jpg
    NF06.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 321
Somebody's been hard at work...I'm sure it will meet the high expectations of those who bought other Ginter books.

Steve Ginter is an amazing person having published more than 100 titles himself - many of which he wrote himself. I've been fortunate to have participated in four of his numerous titles. He's a very nice and rather humble man and one of the most unheralded aviation modeler/history publishers on the planet. Keep up the good work Tommy! -SP

Tailspin Turtle said:
It's at the printer. One illustration that didn't get in:

GREAT NEWS TOMMY!

In spite of my best efforts you still got it finished. :)

Bill S said:
Tailspin Turtle said:
It's at the printer. One illustration that didn't get in:

GREAT NEWS TOMMY!

In spite of my best efforts you still got it finished. :)

What Bill means is that he kept sending me stuff that I hadn't seen before and had to incorporate. And then, after I had declared victory and Steve sent it to printer, the details of the other OS-105 proposals became available at the National Archives...

Are the OS-105 contenders described and illustrated?

There are illustrations of the Martin 235, the Douglas 565, and the McDonnell 40 and 40A with little or no comparative data other than size and price comparisons. I subsequently acquired information on the Curtiss-Wright and North American proposals but too late to include them in the monograph. I posted artists concepts of these on the OS-105 topic in Postwar Aircraft Topics of Secret Aircraft. I'll add to that at some point, either on my U.S. Navy Aircraft History blog or the OS-105 topic.

Is the book only about XF7U-1 and F7U-1 or also about other versions of Cutlass ? Thanks