bc07c7384ab9a.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 87f57235e365a.jpg
    87f57235e365a.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 180
  • af0bcd0f2fb3a.jpg
    af0bcd0f2fb3a.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 157
Hey Flateric, Something is wrong with the structural arrangement drawings in that when I click on one I get a scary Russian website instead.

I would like to see them larger since I worked on that wing from '72-'76. I don't know about talented draftsmen since I will tell you a little story. This was before computer graphics and I was responsible for designing the landing gear support rib, half way down the wing; it was machined from a forging of the toughest steel we could find. Someone else did the installation and when we tried to install the gear, it interfered with the collar on one of the fasteners attaching the rib to the skin and it would not go in. We had to take the complete wing, mount it vertically on a large milling machine and grind off a portion of the super tough rib to make the gear fit. Embarrasing!

BillRo

At first I also thought that there was a problem, but actually the picture is there... but it is so big that you only see the (blank) top left corner. Just scroll down (or right).

I concur with Billro (thanks for sharing that little story) that this Russian website is very scary. I certainly do not want to have my wife walking by my desk when I open that window for I will have to answer some questions. ;D

The other drawings are available in the report linked above. Obviously the person who scanned that report took great care to get the drawings at the appropriate resolution.

--Luc