F-18 real and faked models and drawings

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Contests/001-100/001-010/006/Contest006.htm

Attachments

• CF-18_Donatellot.jpg
    CF-18_Donatellot.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 946
  • bug06.JPG
    bug06.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 406
  • bug01t.jpg
    bug01t.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 906
  • arc4t.jpg
    arc4t.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 853
  • CF-18_SEA_F-18t.jpg
    CF-18_SEA_F-18t.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 897
  • CF-18_Northrop_Grumman_Tridentt.jpg
    CF-18_Northrop_Grumman_Tridentt.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 900
  • CF-18_MARXt.jpg
    CF-18_MARXt.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 908
  • CF-18_F-U-2_EHt.jpg
    CF-18_F-U-2_EHt.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 913
Hesham, you do realize that these were all built as a joke over on ARC, right? Just read the descriptions of the models in that page and you'll realize these are all entirely done "tongue-in-cheek."

Sentinel Chicken said:
Hesham, you do realize that these were all built as a joke over on ARC, right? Just read the descriptions of the models in that page and you'll realize these are all entirely done "tongue-in-cheek."

One thing that that site does demonstrate quite clearly is the relative lack of interest in this hobby. The winner got *thirty* votes. Had it been "who's the hottest supermodel" or "which local sports franchise sucks the most," the votes would have been in the tens of thousands.

"One thing that that site does demonstrate quite clearly is the relative lack of interest in this hobby"

.. and this really is a shame, as a lot of those weird spacecraft from StarWars were "designed" just
the same way, AFAIK : Bashing some kits and building totally new aircraft from the parts.
Pst, don't tell anybody, this method was already known to most german designers during the
closing stages of WW II, their designs of course all were marked "Geheime Kommandosache"
(Top Secret) and as their models still were made of wood, most of them were burnt at the end
of the war. But sometimes, with good luck, you still can find some of them on bazaars and in antiqe
shops, mistaken for toys ... all are sensational projects ! ;D

This is still my favorite F-18 hack.

Attachments

• f18canard6vi.jpg
    f18canard6vi.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 354
sferrin said:

:eek:

I think I like it......hmmmmm....and I've got a Hornet in the stash with (till now) not the faintest idea what to do with it ::)

Yet another idea to add to the "to be built" pile....

cheers

Duncan

sferrin said:

LOL When I first saw this picture I thought I had somehow completely missed a development effort. Still my favorite as well.