Egyptian SAMs

SA-2 clone makes more sense as it was a less advanced SAM than the SA-6.

Speaking of the SA-2 Guideline is there a thread about it because I can't seem to be able to find one?

They had an indigenous SA-2, any upgrade projects?

Yes. In fact the most advanced form of SA-2 so far. Egyptian goes phased array for it

Egyptian SA2.jpg

tayer al sabah.png

The radar tho seems to be deriviative from Chinese H-200 Radar for KS-1 system.
Nonetheless this one is far superior to any Eastern Europe or Russian upgrades for SA-2 system. It address key weaknesses in old S-75 system, namely the angle tracking method and numbers of target and missile channels.

The old S-75 use Track while scan method which roughly two conical scan radar in two dimensions (azimuth and elevation) This method works good but vulnerable to inverse gain jamming and sensitive to target RCS scintillation phenomenon, where the fluctuation of target RCS affects the tracking quality of the radar which makes the missile oversteers or rather inaccurate (thus large warheads).

This new phased array is monopulse which eliminates above weaknesses, also making it less susceptible to jamming and maybe even provide LPI capability as it can have low sidelobe. Agile beamsteering allows tracking and engagement of multiple targets simultaneously, something SNR-75 can only dream of.

Also SAM-6 is upgrated with many new features;

I'm not seeing what those new features are.
Of course it is still secret;

Egypt has developed SAM-6 systems into several categories, the most important of which is the advanced Buk-M1-2 version, and there are other versions specific to Egypt, but the development details are not known. The number of batteries is 14 batteries, according to what is announced only

I'm not seeing what those new features are.
Of course it is still secret;

Egypt has developed SAM-6 systems into several categories, the most important of which is the advanced Buk-M1-2 version, and there are other versions specific to Egypt, but the development details are not known. The number of batteries is 14 batteries, according to what is announced only
Yeah, Egypt is like the inverse of Iran, doesn't like to divulge new missile systems but instead keeps them a secret which is a good tactic

Yes. In fact the most advanced form of SA-2 so far. Egyptian goes phased array for it

View attachment 666575

View attachment 666574

Nonetheless this one is far superior to any Eastern Europe or Russian upgrades for SA-2 system. It address key weaknesses in old S-75 system, namely the angle tracking method and numbers of target and missile channels.

The old S-75 use Track while scan method which roughly two conical scan radar in two dimensions (azimuth and elevation) This method works good but vulnerable to inverse gain jamming and sensitive to target RCS scintillation phenomenon, where the fluctuation of target RCS affects the tracking quality of the radar which makes the missile oversteers or rather inaccurate (thus large warheads).

This new phased array is monopulse which eliminates above weaknesses, also making it less susceptible to jamming and maybe even provide LPI capability as it can have low sidelobe. Agile beamsteering allows tracking and engagement of multiple targets simultaneously, something SNR-75 can only dream of.
Is that superior thing an Egyptian-Upgrade or an upgrade that egypt procurred from other

View attachment 666575

View attachment 666574

Sources (not to be pretentious or anything, i just dont have enough sources to write an article about Egyptian SAM capabilities)

Dear member Gaafar here are some elements found on defense-arabic website, which we need to translate to all of us, members of SPF.with the help of google translator, we surely arrive so it is an article about the Egyptian air defense systems especially the SA-2 Morning Bird and Sinai 23.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 23
Dear member Gaafar here are some elements found on defense-arabic website, which we need to translate to all of us, members of SPF.with the help of google translator, we surely arrive so it is an article about the Egyptian air defense systems especially the SA-2 Morning Bird and Sinai 23.
Tayyr Al Sabah translates to Morning Bird in english, do you have anything else brother?

Tayyr Al Sabah translates to Morning Bird in english, do you have anything else brother?
Sorry, I have nothing on your subject, I found your post, interesting with a simple search on the net, the site defense-arab appears, I made a translation it was not difficult ,when we want we can.But personally I have no other information on morning bird.search you find.

I looked at this a few months ago. It looked like they only received a few of the H-200 radars from China a few years ago. They don't appear to have rolled out the upgrade to operational batteries so the assumption is that it's 1) still in testing, or 2) they've decided not to adopt it.

@hesham Do you know of Egypt's "land based" SPS-48 radars? I had no idea that radar system was also marketed for land based usage.

The proposed sale will improve Egypt’s capability to meet current and future threats by improving the detection of various air threats. Egypt will have no difficulty absorbing this equipment into its armed forces since Egypt already operates previously procured SPS-48 Land Based Radars.