Early projects of Su-24 Fencer

rousseau

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I believe we all know T-6-1, which is a delta wing aircraft just very similar to Cy-24. But I also believe there are some layouts before T-6-1, that never built.

Attachments

• Sukhoi T-.jpg
    Sukhoi T-.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,712
Re: Pre-layout of Fencer

Indeed. This is an early Su-24 mockup - there were alternative designs with engine intakes sloping up and down.

Attachments

• early-su-24-mockup.jpg
    early-su-24-mockup.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,710
Those are two different designs conceived under the S-6 program. It predated the T-6.

Helo! concerning the T6-1 (the fixed wing with lift jets) does anyone has a 3-view of this thing ?
I want to make a Su-24 with this wing, but without the lift jets... a kind of TSR-2 ski :p

The T-6-1 had fixed wings and lift jets.
I heard somewhere that the T-6-2 started with the same wing as the -1 (delta) but get ride off the lift jets.
Then, the plane become T-6-2IG when VG was adopted...
this was build as the Su-24.

Is this true ?

I'm very confused and need to know more about the projects between the
T-6-1 and actual Su-24.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Sukhoi T-6 prototype flew.

Attachments

• T-6  (1).jpg
    T-6 (1).jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,135
  • T-6  (2).jpg
    T-6 (2).jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,127
Hi,

here is a two projects for Sukhoi Su-24,the Su-24BM and su-24m2,as I heard the
later have been built.

Фронтовой бомбардировщик Су-24

Attachments

• 24BM.png
    24BM.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 875
  • 24M2.png
    24M2.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 208
In my files a surprise,

there was a Project for Su-24 with additional air intake mounted over the fuselage,
and of course behind the cockpit,does anyone know it or has a drawing to it ?.

hesham said:
In my files a surprise,

there was a Project for Su-24 with additional air intake mounted over the fuselage,

I've never heard about it. Something like the 3-engined Vigilante interceptor proposed by NAR?

starviking said:
hesham said:
In my files a surprise,

I've never heard about it. Something like the 3-engined Vigilante interceptor proposed by NAR?

Yes my dear Starviking,

and I am sure about it,but there was also a Project for Su-24,looks like to be carrying an
AWACS radar on it,but need to confirm on this later one.

hesham said:
In my files a surprise,

By the way,it had only two engines and not three,the additional air intake was
for increased thrust and propulsion.

hesham said:
It never existed. Su-24BM2 that was transition from Su-24BM to T-60S, had TWO intakes on top of the fuselage though.

flateric said:
It never existed.

My dear Flateric,

that's not right,I am sure from source and description,

http://airwar.ru/enc/bomber/su24m.html

The Su-24MM project ("minor modification") assumed the installation of the latest REO and associated high-precision weapons, as well as more powerful (and simultaneously more economical and less "noticeable" in the infrared range) two-loop AL-31F engines from the Su-27 , which were then still in abundance.

But the AL-31F was characterized by a much higher air flow through the compressor, and for them it was necessary to make a third air intake over the fuselage, which looked rather unusual. For this, Su-24MM in the company received the nickname "stillborn monster", which turned out to be prophetic - and soon this program was discontinued. This time in favor of percussion modifications of one of the most successful OKB aircraft - the Su-27. By the way, at the turn of the eighties, the Americans tried to radically upgrade their F-111s. Taking advantage of the delay in launching the heavy strategic bomber Rockwell B-1B, General Dynamics proposed a much cheaper FB-111H project. But its capabilities turned out to be incomparably lower than those expected from the machine of a fundamentally new development, and they refused it.

Su-24MM had two small additional inlets on top for feeding AL-31Fs.

flateric said:
Su-24MM had two small additional inlets on top for feeding AL-31Fs.

OK,and what are they taking about in this site ?.

I don't give a f*ck of what they are talking at this site.
I just've asked a people from Sukhoi.
MM never was a finalised project with established configuration per se, to start with.
Second thing is do you really think that single inlet feeding two ducts simultaneously is a cheap and smart decision for a 'minimum modernisation'?
I advise you to check up with any Fencer cutaway then.

OK,I agree with you,

but certainly they had a source for that,or maybe some of possibility option.

Re: Pre-layout of Fencer

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
Indeed. This is an early Su-24 mockup - there were alternative designs with engine intakes sloping up and down.

That's very interesting...is there a nose cone chine also or just the photo?

Have the aircraft still in service had glass cockpit and other mods like other service aircraft?

From Авиация и космонавтика 2017-12.

Attachments

• aik-6.png
    aik-6.png
    522 KB · Views: 389
A bit more detail: https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,30573.0.html