Dubai high speed bus

blackkite

Don't laugh, don't cry, don't even curse, but.....
Reaction score
Hi!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hrx811ceBM

Attachments

• 44cf73b3.jpg
    44cf73b3.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 5443092f.jpg
    5443092f.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 247
  • ba77bb42.jpg
    ba77bb42.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 239
  • e1470ba3.jpg
    e1470ba3.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 233
Thansk. ;)
http://www.superbusproject.com/concept

Attachments

• super_bus.jpg
    super_bus.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 219
Right there at the intersection of Too Much Money and No Common Sense. It'll be interesting to see what sort of "Life After People" footage and photos visitors to Dubai will get in a few years when all the oil money runs out, and all that's left are the sandblasted remnants of things that were incapable of providing any sort of functional post-oil infrastructure.

Superbus' connection with Dubai: in 2011, the vehicle was sent to a exhibition there. It's a one-off that hasn't received any orders.

I would suggest a different thread title.

Orionblamblam said:
Right there at the intersection of Too Much Money and No Common Sense. It'll be interesting to see what sort of "Life After People" footage and photos visitors to Dubai will get in a few years when all the oil money runs out, and all that's left are the sandblasted remnants of things that were incapable of providing any sort of functional post-oil infrastructure.
And i thought cooling pipes under the sand beaches and ski resort were ridiculous ideas. The future would mimic the past, countless buried cities in the region such as Ur, Uruk and Lagash show what happens when certain populated area fells out of favor, be it war, shifting river beds, Mongol invasion destroying irrigation system, or in this case lack of oil.

Arjen said:
Superbus' connection with Dubai: in 2011, the vehicle was sent to a exhibition there. It's a one-off that hasn't received any orders.

I would suggest a different thread title.

Agreed. This is a project by Delft University in the Netherlands to develop a low-cost alternative for high-speed rail.