Drawing tools

Hobbes

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I'm working on a drawing of the Europa rocket. Doing this from scratch, using measurements I took from the example displayed at Redu, plus information from the Europa I/II user guide.

I've started working in Adobe Illustrator, because that's what I'm most familiar with through my work, but it's not optimal for this kind of drawing. Adding dimensions is a pain, for instance.
What alternatives are there?

A lot of my design students seem to be having good results with Autodesk Fusion 360

Cheap and perfect solution
Affinity Designer 2 for €74,99 (only pay once, no subscription, Free update)
either for Desktop Apple/ windows or iPad

i made also Illustrations on Europa I/II for German Space Flight Book and for Alternate history Forum.
Next Redu, i went to Munich for there Europa Rocket

10421905056_9f69ff06f9_b.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone blown up an image, laid velum over it, and replaced continuous lines with hatches to make the outline less harsh---as an alternative to playing with line weight?

Corel Draw has dedicated set of instruments to adding dimensions of certain types and dynamically adjust them, when corresponding objects are changed in size and position.
Short video here

Corel is not cheap program, although in some points it have advantages over Illustrator.

Good luck with drawing!

FREE, LIMITED FUNCTIONALITY FOR HOBBYIST USERS​

Autodesk Fusion 360 for personal use​

Fusion 360 for personal use is a limited, free version that includes basic functionality for qualifying users who generate less than $1,000 USD in annual revenue and use for home-based, non-commercial projects only.