DPRK Navy ships

I wonder what the ratio of kh-35 to lacm is now for them? I don’t think NK could even leverage the range of an anti-ship version of the cruise missile.

I wonder what the ratio of kh-35 to lacm is now for them? I don’t think NK could even leverage the range of an anti-ship version of the cruise missile.
No naval vessel is capable on their on to leverage beyond 100 nautical miles hence information from assets such as UAV/UCAV and AWACS/AEW is taken into account.

No naval vessel is capable on their on to leverage beyond 100 nautical miles hence information from assets such as UAV/UCAV and AWACS/AEW is taken into account.
Yeah, and I haven’t seen much about NK using drones for maritime surveillance.

new sub

_131018986_mediaitem131018612.jpg.webp

1694210127881.png

My reaction:
Its an okay analysis, but double standards since it author states it is not clear if there are torpedo tubes present or were they removed during reshaping only for author to assert that propulsion did not change and that battery capacity was reduced without any shred of evidence to support it.

Last edited:
My reaction:
Its an okay analysis, but double standards since it author states it is not clear if there are torpedo tubes present or were they removed during reshaping only for author to assert that propulsion did not change and that battery capacity was reduced without any shred of evidence to support it.
Agreed. We do not know how long the rear missile tubes are. They may not be hull-penetrating (if they carry cruise missiles), so there would be no need to remove the batteries.

P.S. Also Kim the Third already confirmed that they plan to do this refit with other Romeo-class submarines. Most likely not all of them, but at least several.