Douglas Propliners, Francillon

famvburg

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Just got my copy of the above over the weekend. As the title indicates, it covers the DC-1 - DC-7. To me, the neatest thing besides the fantastic color pics of various a/c, are drawings of proposed variants, many of which can be found here in SPF, but a few I haven't seen, such as a bomber version of the DC-5, and a bigger push-pull version of the B-42 derived airliner, which I can't recall its designation. Anyway, if you're a DC propliner fan as well as a fan of little or unknown versions, it's a good book. I'm not disappointed at all.

I like the book as well, and I hope that Francillon does a companion volume about "Lockheed Propliners" that would begin with the Electra (model 10) and continue though the L-1649 Starliner. (An introductory chapter could describe the single-engine predecessors, such as the Vega, Orion and Air Express.)

(Is a turboprop, strictly speaking, a "propliner"? If so, the later L-188 could be included, in which case the book could be titled "Electra to Electra"!)