Douglas AD-1 Type with G.E. TG110 Turbine Engine

Mark Nankivil

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All -

Interesting Douglas Proposal Brochure for alternate power AD-1 - note the jet engine powered version in the second image:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Report-No-20685-AD-1-Skyraider-with-General-Electric-Model-TG-110-Gas-Turbine-/281881646573?hash=item41a17495ed:g:0~YAAOSwNphWalgt

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• AD-1 Type with GE TG110 Turbine Artwork - 1.jpg
    AD-1 Type with GE TG110 Turbine Artwork - 1.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 218
  • AD-1 Type with Alternate Engines.jpg
    AD-1 Type with Alternate Engines.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 213
BTW - I am bidding on the two Northrop brochures - will share if I "win"...

Thanks! Mark

Mark,

I'm also bidding on the Northrop Aircraft 1927-1946 and I will share if I win.

Is someone here bidding on the AD-1 with TG-100 report? If not, I'll go after it. I'm also bidding on the Spey-powered Skyhawk and turboprop DC-7 reports.

I got both Northrop items - will happily scan and share. Would be interested in a scan of the AD-1, Spey A-4 and DC-7 turboprop drawings.

Stay tuned... Mark

B) Should I go ahead and bid on the AD-1 with TG110 report, then? I will definitely share scans of anything I do win.

Update: went ahead and bid on this report. Assuming I win, I will share scans.

Not a problem. It's kind of questionable whether I want to spend that much for it, especially since one of my more recent ebay scores, a $200 blueprint, got shipped from Missouri to Utah by way of a post office in California, where it has been for a week, apparently lost. :mad:

*rolling of eyes* Yeah, I'm familiar with that; had a shipment take 17 months from Halifax, NS to Fort Worth, TX; it really got lost in the mail.

elmayerle said:
*rolling of eyes* Yeah, I'm familiar with that; had a shipment take 17 months from Halifax, NS to Fort Worth, TX; it really got lost in the mail.

Never despair... A few months ago I almost gave up on a book purchased on eBay, only to find three months later it had been returned to the U.S. on grounds of "incomplete addressing" (which was just not true). Finally received the book after four months!

Longest ebay delay: I ordered a whole mess of ancient "Astounding" sci-fi mags in September or October of one year and promptly forgot about it (this was when I had a decent income and could forget expenditures like that). One day the following June or July, an exceptionally beat-up box was on my porch. It had been opened and resealed *many* times. Finally figured out what the deal was... the post office it got stuck at was one of those that anthrax went through. That October being October 2001. So I guess 60+ year-old pulps, full of dust, dead dust mites and mold probably made all the biohazard sensors go bonkers.

*snicker* Having an acquaintance who has a complete Astounding/Analog set, I can well believe it. Hope the old pulps survived, there's lots of good reading there.

So did you win?

Also: the blueprint that vanished in a California PO on it's way to Utah from Missouri has, according to the tracking #, finally moved. To Kansas City. Because of course it did.

Nope, didn't win this one nor the turboprop DC-7C one :'(. I did win the Spey-powered Skyhawk, though. I hope the winner was someone on this board.

Winners paid well for those items, though. My highest bid on the turboprop DC-7 was $60 and $80 on the turboprop AD-1.

Scott, if only that blueprint could tell its tale!

Bummer on the AD-1 and DC-7 turbo though.... Mark