De Monge/Buscaylet Prototypes & Projects

Considering the Payen version MAY have been Pa.370, the designation "F.360" may not be so far-fetched (it could very well mean "Fléchair 360").

May you are right,but why they mentioned Fokker ?!.

... but why they mentioned Fokker ?!.

Good question. That 'F-360' certainly wasn't a Fokker designation.

Its hard to make out in the artwork but does this thing have tandem engines driving contra-props?

If so, that reminds me a bit of the 1939 Ontwerp 178 airliner project. Can anyone confirm that Ontwerp 178 was part of Fokker's lifting-body series of airliner designs?

Good question. That 'F-360' certainly wasn't a Fokker designation.

Its hard to make out in the artwork but does this thing have tandem engines driving contra-props?

If so, that reminds me a bit of the 1939 Ontwerp 178 airliner project. Can anyone confirm that Ontwerp 178 was part of Fokker's lifting-body series of airliner designs?

My dear Apophenia,

it's de Monge's design,I think they made a mistake when referred to it
as a Fokker concept, anyway,here is a description to Onttwerp 178,

178 Large four-engine commercial aircraft with pressurized cabin and engines in tandem. 16 passengers. Nose wheel. Wingspan 34 m.

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 8
If I may, the article in the February 2nd, 1935 issue of the Dutch magazine Vliegwereld is entitled "A vision for the year 1945," or something close to that.

Given that, the mentions in the text that the Fokker F.360 was able to reach a speed of 1,220 km/h at 14,000 metres (758 mph at 45,950 ft), and the possibility that it had a wingspan of 300 metres (985 feet), I wonder if that (360 passenger?) machine was not in fact a complete fiction imagined by the author of the article, one P.J.J. Mounier.

Incidentally, Vliegwereld illustrated Mounier's article with a drawing which accompanied a text by de Monge about an imagined transatlantic flight in 1945, a text published in the November 23rd, 1934 issue of the French magazine L'Aéro.

Last edited: