Dassault Mystere IVN AIDA and Aladine

ivran

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
I find hire very interest pictures and drawings about this aircraft,does any have information about first flight or flight testing

Attachments

• mystere A.jpg
    mystere A.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 382
  • mystere A1.jpg
    mystere A1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 370
  • Dassault_Mystere_IVN_AIDA.jpg
    Dassault_Mystere_IVN_AIDA.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 369
  • Dassault_Mystere_IVN_ALADIN.jpg
    Dassault_Mystere_IVN_ALADIN.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 350
If I'm not mistaken, we have the (sole) Mystere IVN prototype at the CAEA - watch my signature, enjoy the website, and don't hesitate if you ever tour South-west france and Bordeaux. ;)
The CAEA collection is well worth a visit, although the actual situation is quite difficult... if not dire. Military people are, hmm, uncooperative. ::)

The CAEA machine has a plain rounded nose, not the pointy thing show by the scheme - which should represent the operational variant that never was.

The Mystere IVN was build as a two seat all weather fighter - the third prototype in a row, since Ouragan and Mystere II had already been similarly modified - solid nose, lateral intakes.

Just like the other two, it was underpowered, and the all weather role ultimately fell to F-86D Sabre Dogs (yes, France used the type, although briefly), the Vautour IIN, and later the Mirage IIIC.

Jacqueline Auriol bet a speed record with the prototype, a good 1151 km per hour.

Later it was used as testbed for ejection seats... and possibly radars.
AIDA and ALADIN were quite basic radar sets to be fitted to day / lightweight fighters like the early Mirage I and II, and the varied Etendards. The french navy Etendard IV also featured the AIDA.

Aviafrance has some more details on the type; first flight is given as July, 19 1954.

http://www.aviafrance.com/aviafrance1.php?ID=1016&ID_CONSTRUCTEUR=396&ANNEE=0&ID_MISSION=0&MOTCLEF=