Status
Not open for further replies.

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
My website mysteriously disappeared today. After spending nearly an hour trying to get through to tech support, it turns out that the domain expired all of a sudden. The claim now is that the renewal is being processed... and the website should be up and running in anywhere from several hours to five DAYS.

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!

fizgig6rr.gif

Ah, domain name renewals.
Last Updated On: 2008-03-18 11:57:06 GMT
Expiration Date: 2009-03-16 21:02:58 GMT

Indeed, can be annoying. If you don't renew a domain and let it expire, its even possible for someone to grab it off you. It also takes up to 48 hours or so for DNS changes to propagate through the internet, so it will be down for a while for some even after its fixed.

Any hosting / name registration company worth its salt will email you in advance to tell you your name is expiring.

overscan said:
Ah, domain name renewals.
Last Updated On: 2008-03-18 11:57:06 GMT
Expiration Date: 2009-03-16 21:02:58 GMT

Indeed, can be annoying. If you don't renew a domain and let it expire, its even possible for someone to grab it off you. It also takes up to 48 hours or so for DNS changes to propagate through the internet, so it will be down for a while for some even after its fixed.

Any hosting / name registration company worth its salt will email you in advance to tell you your name is expiring.

It gets better: the actual registrar is a company in Switzerland, so my actual webhost can't do squat. Hasn't yet responded to emails. Nobody answers the phone. Since I first got the domain name in 2000, my address has changed, my *email* address has changed. If I even get a response, I don;t know how to convince 'em I am the same guy.

Gah.

This could easily lead to not only a weeks worth of lost business and income, but rather more than that when somebody decides to look in, finds the website's gone, and writes me off.

which is why your presence here helps ..

Otherwise blam! blam! . no Orion

"Call back in half an hour."

Well, maybe progress... might get some sort of resolution before 3AM, who knows.

And this day (well, yesterday) started off so well.... opened my mail and found a package with the 1958 Boeing "Flying Carpet" submarine aircraft carrier report, and a 1963 General Dynamics report on a *huge* submarine aircraft carrier. Yipee, giddy, wahoo. Spool up the internet and... "www.up-ship.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again."

so you now actually have stuff on what those combatreform chaps are so obsessed about ... would love to see more of those submarine aircraft carriers ....

so you now actually have stuff on what those combatreform chaps are so obsessed about ... would love to see more of those submarine aircraft carriers ....

I'll be putting them in APR. Assuming *THAT* doesn't blow up on me...

The domain request has been processed successfully. The request will become
effective after the next nameserver and whois update. This usually happens
within the next 24 hours.

We'll see... :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.