Covid-19 Vaccine - Where, How & Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
A REACT-1 study has shown that the AY.4.2 sub variant of Delta now accounts for 12% of cases. Appears to be slightly more transmissible but less symptomatic. AY.4. remains the dominant Delta lineage.

"possible Covid-19 treatment"? "possible" ??? I'm going to contact the Truth in Advertising people for this egregious nonsense. It reminds me of the pre-vaccine media comments: 'We don't know if the vaccine works.' So what were they testing? Nothing? And they were recording zero positive results? And it didn't exist until official approval?

Once Delta evolved and spread I think this was probably always an inevitability for the country.

WELLINGTON, Nov 22 (Reuters) - New Zealand will adopt a new system of living with the coronavirus virus from Dec. 3, which will end tough restrictions and allow businesses to operate in its biggest city, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Monday.

New Zealand remained largely COVID-19 free until August but has been unable to beat an outbreak of the highly infectious Delta variant, forcing Ardern to abandon an elimination strategy and switch to treating the virus as endemic.

Its biggest city Auckland has been in lockdown for over 90 days, although some measures were eased recently.

Endemic? Again, that word. A serious but treatable illness if caught in time. Anti-viral pills are on the way. Antibody treatment exists.

Someone who normally annoys me (though I think her intentions are generally in the right place) but I have to like the comments made here:

“If you get behind the wheel of a car and drive twice the speed, you are putting other people’s lives at risk. You don’t have the right to do that,” she said.

“You are not being discriminated against. You choose to do something that puts other people’s lives at risk. You will be held accountable for that.

“People who don’t get the vaccine have a choice. We all get a choice … You’re making a choice that means you’re more likely to get Covid-19 and spread it, that is your choice, that is your right.

“Having the freedom to choose isn’t the same as having the freedom to avoid the consequences of that choice. You have freedom to make a choice, but if you make a choice, those choices have consequences.

“But you don’t get to decide how the rest of Australia responds to that choice … We have to put others before ourselves.

“Being held accountable for your own actions isn’t called discrimination, it’s called being, you wouldn’t believe it - a goddamn bloody adult.”

That is the way it's seen in Germany. If the situation involved only personal risk with no chance of others being infected then that is a different story. That is not the case here. If a person does not want the vaccine then they should be willing to get tested on a regular basis as advised by their country's health authorities.

[/URL]

So Delta’s finally out of control in New Zealand, the most highly isolatable country in the world, with an 83 % vaccination rate and very strong containment measures……. So how is it that today, China had just 38 case’s (a bad day, only 15 yesterday) in it’s entire population ;- one in four people alive today ? ……Like a lot of things Covid it doesn’t make any sense.

Last edited:
Dr John Campbell’s Covid blog “Miracle in Japan “

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GF0H9V_1g

And finally a scientific explanation of why the Far East is having such low infection rates;- Very profound implications ie The discovery is that Covid is a pandemic that has high lethality for those of a western ethnicity. People of Far Eastern ethnicity have a gene which causes Covid to mutate into a unstable form that self extinguishes. This explains why, (1) there are “switch off” type fall in infection rates in Far East and (2) Covid struggles to get established in Far Eastern populations but is thriving in the west.

Last edited:
I am surprised at the number of people I know who have been offered the covid booster jab but are still hesitating over having it. I certainly took up mine straight away once I was offered it.

I am surprised at the number of people I know who have been offered the covid booster jab but are still hesitating over having it. I certainly took up mine straight away once I was offered it.
Phys.org has an article called "Study finds gradual increase in Covid infection risks after second vaccine dose" and "We might not know half of what is in our cells-AI" I forget the rest. This is all very new, mind you-and medical research generates retractions like nothing else. But even with trajectories of asteroids-what with sunlight...even simple Newtonian physics may have to be tweaked...as in Mercury's orbit by Einstein. And ballistics are simple compared with medicine...which needs personalization..with virus research forced off world. Genetics-not atomics-may be the answer to the Fermi paradox-with SARS-CoV-2 perhaps gain-of-function's Challenger Moment. Who is its Feynman? And who is it's Ed Tellar?

South African has been red listed by the U.K. along with five other African countries. Other countries had already put in place travel bans to South Africa.

Covid variant: UK put safety first over Africa travel - Shapps https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59428398

I bet this will mostly be a threat to the unvaccinated and those relying on natural immunity. Though I do worry it may be a threat to the vulnerable it depends how much it erodes current vaccines. That’s what you get when you don’t do more to help the developing works get vaccinated much quicker than they have been.

I see it’s already reached Europe as they’ve found a case of it in Belgium. I imagine that means it has been circulating for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.