Convair SuperHustler

Sorry folks, my mistake. It seems i don't have luck with this family. I needed Kingfish totally rebuild two times, too. On sended picture it is visible bad profile of fuselage (cockpit and around it) but what rear part? On picture are there two yellow curves. Can you help me with it, too to fix it now so good as possible

Attachments

• Mistake.jpg
    Mistake.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 81
Note that the TAC bomber has FIVE (5) windows across, while your model only has three. Correct that, and you'll pretty much have it.

Attachments

• Image196.gif
    Image196.gif
    205.4 KB · Views: 83
Additionally, I'd suggest re-contouring the underside of the tail to be round, rather than sharp-cornered. This is an area that I don;t have good data on, but it would make more sense to have the fuselage blending in with the turbojets this way.

Attachments

• Mistake.jpg
    Mistake.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 54
And as for color scheme... since this was to fulfill an F-111-type mission, I'd do it in F-111 colors. Black is good for stealthy or high-altitude aircraft, of which this is neither.

OK, very good. But I have next two question. With number of windows 5 it is clear and from detail drawing it seems clear - as you noted it. But on sended artictic presentation there are on fuselage strikes(??) or it is only wrong artictic presentation (problem number 1). And again wrong artistic presentation (2) or other profile?
I will rebuild and repaint this plane, and if you have some other materials that can fix some errors of this model this forum will be certainly thankful to you for this help. If you send them as private I will never release them and certainly it will be no problem to render for you some pictures for your use.
For now, thanks

Attachments

• Image196.jpg
    Image196.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 47
PlanesPictures said:
But on sended artictic presentation there are on fuselage strikes(??) or it is only wrong artictic presentation (problem number 1).

I'm pretty sure that that is just shading. The picture, as you can see, isn't that well reproduced. I'm certain that there are no strakes on this design.

And again wrong artistic presentation (2) or other profile?

Now that... I'm not sure about. It certainly looks like some sort of slightly raised "spine," but that's not supported by the drawing.

My guess is that the sketch was not carried out with the precision of the diagrams. The sketch also seems to show facetted wings and tail surfaces, but the diagrams show conventional smooth, curved wing surfaces. Use the sketch only for general reference.

ok, I will rebuild only cockpit's part of fuselage. I will than send some pictures at first from my modeller. Some weapons under wings a-la F-111 will be a accepted, too I hope. But, your ideas will be welcomed

PlanesPictures said:
ok, I will rebuild only cockpit's part of fuselage. I will than send some pictures at first from my modeller. Some weapons under wings a-la F-111 will be a accepted, too I hope. But, your ideas will be welcomed

The official description shows a single TX-43 (later designated B43) nuke carried externally under the fuselage; but the actual weapons load is unknown to me... maybe it only carried a single bomb, maybe it carried four. There was no internal bomb bay, which was almost certainly a serious limitation for the design. Of course, in actual practice it would have carried more diverse weapons than just the nuke.

Should be noted tha tthe original Super Hustler carried only a single bomb... but that bomb was huge in comparison to the size of the plane, while the B43 is tiny in comparison to *its* plane.

PlanesPictures said:

Hi Jozef,

The cockpit mods sound good.

I would keep it clean, so without pylons/stores under the wings. Say it's
a prototype.

Also wanted to ask about all of the small panels on the fuselage and wings.
Is it appreciably harder to do fewer but larger panels? More like a normal jet?

Also, initial GD version probably could have been in natural metal with some
appropriate red accents.

Or maybe in Edwards AFB form, in natural metal with dayglo accents in the right
places.

Be artistic!

She's a beauty!

Larry

info about TX-43 aka Mk43 later B43 Bomb

the B43 size was 18 inches (45 cm) in diameter,
and length was between 12 ft 6 in and 13 ft 8 in (3.81 m and 4.15 m).
The various versions weighed between 2,060 lb and 2,125 lb (935 kg to 960 kg).

Explosive yield varied from 70 kilotons of TNT to 1 megaton of TNT.
source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B43_nuclear_bomb

Attachments

• Mk43.jpg
    Mk43.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 421
A model I'm CAD'ing up for giggles. Any interest in a kit or display model of this?

2012-02-02.jpg