Convair 200 V/STOL (1/72)

batigol

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
I'd like to share my 1/72 take on the Convair Model 200 V/STOL fighter project. It's scratch built from plastic card, aside from the AIM-7/-9s, wheels and cockpit details. There's a few shape errors, but this was a very enjoyable experience. I'm hoping to build some more unbuilt projects soon, especially the 1970s/1980s Navy proposals. More pictures on the Britmodeller thread here. Thanks for looking!

yasotay

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Brilliant work Sir! That is awesome.

sferrin

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
One of my favorites. Can't help but wonder how things might have played out had they chose that instead of the XFV-12A.

batigol

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
One of my favorites. Can't help but wonder how things might have played out had they chose that instead of the XFV-12A.
It's one of my favorites too. It's a great looking design and it would at least have gotten off the ground as opposed to that XFV-12 disaster. I'd like to tackle something like the North American FX next, but I'm unsure about those complex curves.

Brilliant work Sir! That is awesome.
Thank you!

royabulgaf

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
You mentioned some minor shape issues. Don't worry about it. This was a paper project. You can guarantee that if a prototype was built, it would NOT be 100 %like the drawings.