Concorde with moveable tail

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
Concorde Transformer!

Sorry for the awful quality but I don't know how can I restore that defective magazine.

Attachments

• Concorde - Moveable tail low Q.jpg
    Concorde - Moveable tail low Q.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 300
Oh, yeah, I really want to be the passanger on the rear seats during the landing! I was climbing into the Concorde's cabin in Sinsheim using all my hands and legs and this seems to be the twice as big angle :D

Well, that is so different !! I suppose there's enough strength at the back of the delta wing to provide a fulcrum, but I would have thought the empennage control runs would form a potential failure zone...

FWIW, I've seen several aircraft where a ventral tail surface either folded or was dropped during final approach -- X-15 ?? Goblin ?? -- but a bendy tail is something weird...

Well, here's somewhat improved version. I must admit that my knowledge of graphics editing programs is very basic. I got the idea to use color range to select and paste six color layers (RGB and CMY) into new picture and then just stack them carefully. I've also sharpened the picture a bit. Hopefully someone with more artistic talent will be able to enhance this.

btw. the idea is ludicrous, I've been in Concorde's cockpit in Duxford and the whole plane feels cramped. Those passengers in the back wouldn't be able to see the front doors.

Attachments

• Concorde - Moveable tail fixed.jpg
    Concorde - Moveable tail fixed.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 216
bigvlada said:
Well, here's somewhat improved version. I must admit that my knowledge of graphics editing programs is very basic. I got the idea to use color range to select and paste six color layers (RGB and CMY) into new picture and then just stack them carefully. I've also sharpened the picture a bit. Hopefully someone with more artistic talent will be able to enhance this.

btw. the idea is ludicrous, I've been in Concorde's cockpit in Duxford and the whole plane feels cramped. Those passengers in the back wouldn't be able to see the front doors.

Not only ludicrous, deadly - adds a massive number of new failure modes to the plane.