• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Chinese semi submersible arsenal ship

VH

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Jam or otherwise interrupt the link providing targeting information to this Chinese arsenal ship and it becomes worthless junk.

covert_shores

Research + illustration
Reaction score
Website
www.hisutton.com
As a concept I don't think that makes any sense. Very interested in semi-subs but that type of mast-only semi-sub seems the worst of both worlds. Hull engineering is very little short of a true submersible, safety is only marginally better than a true submersible and things like weapons launch are greatly complicated. And low detectibility only marginally improved.

flateric

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
collins355 said:
Lots of chatter over the last few days about a newly revealed Chinese R&D project that may be moving ahead for a semi-submersible high speed arsenal ship.
Original paper as I understand is describing Chinese analog of (in)famous Columbia River SEALS semi-submerged stealth boats ('Alligators') while giant arsenal ships are nothing more than fanart developing an idea.

Attachments

covert_shores

Research + illustration
Reaction score
Website
www.hisutton.com
Whooahh that's much more interesting. That's the sort of semi-sub that does make a lot of sense.

This likely ties with SCS island disputes. Basically an SF craft.

flateric

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Much more details
https://www.eastpendulum.com/la-chine-fait-renaitre-arsenal-ship-semi-submersible

covert_shores

Research + illustration
Reaction score
Website
www.hisutton.com
The I-SILC has conventional cylindrical dry compartments inside because the hull fully submerges. The illustration has flat sided wet-dry dividers like alligator (which does not fully submerge).

Has someone missed this?

Sorry to sound negative.