Chinese reseacher use of shock waves of shell generate electricity.

li zhuo peng

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
On the Russian-- Ukrainian battlefield, Russian military launches approximately 10000 tons of various shells and rockets every day, generating enormous energy and destruction, killing Ukrainian soldiers, damaging buildings and fortifications.

Because the battlefield environment is harsh,wind power generation and solar power generation is not feasible,exposed devices will be devastated by hostile shells and drones. Chinese reseacher has a new idea, use the shock waves of shell explode generate electricity in the battleground. For frontline soldiers to use, such as electric water heaters, operating room medical equipment, lighting, drone charging, refrigerators, cooking, laundry.

He did a experiment, he dig a 200 square meters, rectangle hollow place, twelve meters deep. The hollow place beside the defensive position. A layer of Piezoelectric polymer is laid at the bottom. Two 20 square millimeter wires lead out diagonally。
In the end ,Cover the crater with tons of earth. The roller machine compacts the surface of hollow place.

When artillery unit of enemy bombard our defensive position. A 155mm shell explodes on the ground, the energy of the shell is transmitted through the earth, Concussive wave transfer huge pressure to piezopolymer underground. Realize the conversion of mechanical energy to electrical energy . Piezoelectric polymer produce instantaneous Voltage and current. Alternating current is changed into direct current by rectifying. Via wires charge 12 huge lead-acid batteries hide in the underground tunnel.

Note :p piezoelectric materials are divided into piezoelectric ceramics and piezoelectric polymers.

this is absolutely genius.
and how. in the name of all that's holy. did he figure out that this was even possible??? and if you were to make a more sensitive and efficient system how could that be incorporated into a power grid efficiently and effectively?
i can say that my mind is blown. for the first time in a while.

And then there's my friend Bob who grew up in a bomb crater in Ubombistan, but I won't go into that now...

The Germans developed a similar fuze during WWII. It used powder to generate a very high voltage. it was only used on small bombs, but the idea was there and it did work satisfactorily.

Attachments

• SAM_5726.JPG
    SAM_5726.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_5727.JPG
    SAM_5727.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_5728.JPG
    SAM_5728.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 10
I seem to remember something not much larger than a flash-bang.

Try to put one in a server farm and they restrain you with the Hands-No-Move.

Attachments

• e_005_02_0301.pdf
    251.9 KB · Views: 9
Huh wonder if you could use this for electromagnetic guns like coilgun and railguns, but in a Hybrid set up.

Like have a coilgun set that takes power from the the Powder exploding to the coils accelerating the projectile to higher speeds.

Unlikely to be as fast as a pure coilgun but likely be both far more compact and safer since you dont need to worry bout the capacitors blowing.