Chinese Project 123 APFSDS

HONDAND

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
an authoritative paper declassified by Chinese officials, which mentioned an APFSDS called Project 123, which may be a modification of DTW-125
1.png 2.png 3.jpg 4.png 5.png

@HONDAND A summary in English would be appreciated. I could OCR the lot, then hopefully machine translate, but without any inkling of its content I'm not sure it's worth the effort for me.

@HONDAND A summary in English would be appreciated. I could OCR the lot, then hopefully machine translate, but without any inkling of its content I'm not sure it's worth the effort for me.
The introduction of this article states that Project 123 is a tungsten alloy ammunition that can penetrate 600mm of homogeneous steel at a distance of 2km under normal temperature conditions.
The overall parameters of the armor-piercing projectile: projectile mass 8.12kg, bullet length 680mm, projectile core diameter 22mm, flying object mass 4.59kg, flying object aspect ratio 30.9, penetrating object aspect ratio 29.5, tungsten alloy rod length 650mm, tungsten alloy rod mass 4.44kg , tail fin mass 0.15kg, tail fin length 100mm, tail fin sweep angle 70°

The article also mentioned a plan to increase the propellant cartridge and increase the amount of propellant to 9.2kg. The Project 123 using the new propellant is expected to reach a muzzle velocity above 1800m/s, thus penetrate 700mm of homogeneous steel at 2000m

@HONDAND When is the date of this paper written? I don't see it and I'm surprised that China would declassify so soon if it is recent. Maybe they will make a substantial change to their developments?

@HONDAND When is the date of this paper written? I don't see it and I'm surprised that China would declassify so soon if it is recent. Maybe they will make a substantial change to their developments?
if china are willing to declassify these documents,it means that they are not up to date. The relevant research on these papers was done around 2000. it is not clear whether there is any follow-up to project 123,it seems to have been replaced by DTC10-125