Cessna CH-1 Skyhook/YH-41 Seneca helicopter prototype......

Mark Nankivil

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings All -

I see there is no thread specific to the Cessna CH-1 helicopter. A recent collection donation to the Museum had this nice photo of the prototype CH-1B. I rather like the looks of it!

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• xCessna CH-1 B N5156.jpg
    xCessna CH-1 B N5156.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 130
Re: Cessna CH-1 Helicopter

Some links and a 3-view...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_CH-1

http://www.collectair.com/cessna.html

http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/cessna_seneca.php

cheers,
Robin.

Attachments

• ch1c3view.png
    ch1c3view.png
    472.2 KB · Views: 109
Dear Boys and Girls, here is an article in French about the Cessna CH-1 Skyhook/YH-41 Seneca helicopter prototype......

The article comes from the 5th November 1960 issue of Les Ailes......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Attachments

• Cessna CH-1 Skyhook or YH-41 Seneca helicopter prototype - Les Ailes - No.jpg
    Cessna CH-1 Skyhook or YH-41 Seneca helicopter prototype - Les Ailes - No.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 75
    178.7 KB · Views: 66
Dear Boys and Girls, here is a picture with a caption in French of the Cessna CH-1 Skyhook/YH-41 Seneca helicopter prototype which was the first helicopter to be cleared for IFR operations by the Federal Aviation Administration......

The picture comes from the 17th September 1960 issue of Les Ailes......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Attachments

113.8 KB · Views: 58
We have a topic on this subject here :-

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,12675.0/highlight,cessna%20ch-1.html

Merge, please?.......

[Don't worry, it took me FOUR attempts to find it with the 'search' function, and I only
knew it was there, because I'd already posted in it....]

cheers,
Robin.

I didn't realise the Cessna CH-1 Skyhook was a "project"; in fact there was production run of at least twenty-five (which is why I had started a topic in "Aerospace") ???......

Terry (Caravellarella)

I think sometimes threads get started in the wrong forum section,
and unless someone notices and points this out...

cheers,
Robin.

Thanks Robin for tying these together - Mark

Re: Cessna CH-1C Skyhook helicopter prototype......

Dear Boys and Girls, here is an article in French about the Cessna CH-1C Skyhook helicopter prototype……

The article comes from the 19th September 1959 issue of Les Ailes......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Attachments

• Cessna CH-1C Skyhook helicopter prototype - Les Ailes - No. 1,743 - 19 Septembre 1959.......jpg
    Cessna CH-1C Skyhook helicopter prototype - Les Ailes - No. 1,743 - 19 Septembre 1959.......jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 76
Good Day All -

Back in late May, I had the opportunity to spend a few days scanning photos and drawings in the Kansas Aviation Museum collection in Wichita, Kansas. With Travel Air, Stearman, Culver, Beech, Cessna and Boeing being just some of the aircraft manufacturers that called Wichita home, the collection is pretty impressive with photos, drawers upon drawers of drawings, models and other artifacts. They have not made any real effort to digitize their collection so I was quite pleased when my request to visit and scan was given a thumbs up. They could not have been more friendly and open and I plan on another trip later this year.

I pulled the Cessna YH-41 folder and here are a few images to share.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• zGWC628.jpg
    zGWC628.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 19
  • zGWC630.jpg
    zGWC630.jpg
    882.6 KB · Views: 21
  • zGWC631.jpg
    zGWC631.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • zGWC632.jpg