Bunker Busters

Seems like the GBU-57a/b is out of competition and in a league of its own.
I'm surprised that RU/CN seem to have no equivalents. Are the US not fortifying their assets as much as the others?
Or how can this be explained?

I'm surprised that RU/CN seem to have no equivalents. Are the US not fortifying their assets as much as the others?

The PLAAF allegedly has ...

H-6K releases PLAAF-MOAB - 1.jpg

H-6K releases PLAAF-MOAB - 2.jpg

H-6K releases PLAAF-MOAB - 3.jpg

Thanks Deino, but with the blunt nose and the rod for the fuze it looks more like a daisy cutter HE/FAE, than a penetrator.

Yeah, remember those memes about 60 meters penetration... Wonder from where exactly they took those numbers. Or was it usual misinterpretation going trough few circles until achieving such results?

As for that one - I think it mostly goes from both of those never really being engaged in conflicts (or planning to) where high value targets were covered by significant enough armoring that made classic penetration bombs unusable. US both was in such conflicts not once and expecting to end in them in future (as simpliest example - North Korea).

Not sure why they would need them. Maybe for targets in europe, but the odds they could drop bombs on the lower 48 is almost 0.0%. They have no means of getting over US targets before being blown out of the sky.

Not sure why they would need them. Maybe for targets in europe, but the odds they could drop bombs on the lower 48 is almost 0.0%. They have no means of getting over US targets before being blown out of the sky.
Well, Ukraine is full of them(kindly built by Soviet Union itself), and VKS struggled to get to most properly reinforced targets even when iirc Russian troops were sometimes on top of them, esp. around capital.

Kinzhal helped somewhat, but it came only a bit later, and it still can't do anything with proper Soviet deep bunkers.

Also, normal heavy Russian bunker busters couldn't work because of SAM threat...and they're too weak for the job even from high altitude drop.

Add on top that lots of Russian and Western PGMs clearly were too optimistic on their effect on target(warheads too weak)- and the whole situation is one big miscalculation.