riggerrob

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
... as seen on www.forgottenweapons.com ... SHOT Show 2022 saw Magpul revive an old concept from 2008. Magpul announced that they will soon sell briefcase guns in cooperation with Zev Industries. Both Magpul's Folding Defensive Carbine and Folding Defensive Pistol are based upon Glock 9 mm pistol slides and magazines, but have totally new barrels, stocks, etc.
Magpul first revealed the Folding Machine Gun (FMG-9) concept back in 2008, but delayed perfecting it to production standards.
Submachine guns concealed in briefcases date back to the 1960s.
During the mid-1980s, Francis Warin built a FMG prototype while working for Eugene Stoner's ARES Corp.
Circa 1990, the KBP Instrument Design Bureau in Tula, Russia built a few PP-90 SMGs chambered for the Soviet 9 X 18 mm pistol cartridge. They never announced how many were produced, but we suspect they are in Russian spy arsenals along with the usual array of obscure poisons.

In a related concept, back in 201, Full Conceal offered a folding version of a Glock 19 pistol. The grip folded forward - under the barrel - to reduce the footprint to not much larger than a large smartphone. A triple-hinged trigger guard helped. Full Conceal's chief advantage was retaining 21 rounds of 9 X 19 mm Luger ammo in a sub-compact carry size. Unfortunately, Full conceal did not offer much advantage over sub-compact Glock pistols and the concept soon faded.

I came across a suitcase weapon story a long time ago. Designed for protection officers for senior business folk and politicians etc. Basically a shortened/cut down MP-5 type weapon where the suitcase handle was the carrying handle for the weapon and intended to be a low key item to reduce scare factor for the public. Not seen it since.

I came across a suitcase weapon story a long time ago. Designed for protection officers for senior business folk and politicians etc. Basically a shortened/cut down MP-5 type weapon where the suitcase handle was the carrying handle for the weapon and intended to be a low key item to reduce scare factor for the public. Not seen it since.

Which just means that bodyguards are doing a good job of keeping their tools and activities quiet.
There was also a similar "briefcase gun" based upon a Stock Uzi SMG.

Seems like there is "briefcase gun" meaning "fits easily in a briefcase", the FDP-9/FMG/PP90 being maybe the most extreme examples, though many guns will fit easily into a briefcase. Personally I think the folding guns are much more interesting when you think about them fitting into, for instance, a large pocket on a jacket or even cargo pants: the silhouette will be clear but it will not look like a gun.

Then there's "briefcase gun" meaning "the briefcase and the gun are integrated", which I think may only be the MP5K version Foo Fighter mentioned. IIRC this was unique, or at least unusual, in that it was designed to be fired while still in the briefcase in emergencies (a trigger was built into the handle).

You could probably glue stump pages to make it look like a book.

Listen the radio or the whistle of bullets! But the spy-style radio kit is no longer in fashion today even if you listen Queen.

Attachments

• Claudine Auger.jpg
    Claudine Auger.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 103
Hello.
Even though there is already a thread on briefcase guns, mostly about old MAGPUL designs, I am writing this to talk about the MP5K briefcases. So far, I have managed to find 3 concepts that have been built. There is the famous one: the Spezialkoffer, where the trigger and the safety is on the handle of the gun. Hickok45, Forgotten Weapons, and the Royal Armouries already have good videos about this one. The second one: named the Zerfalkoffer, is the one where the briefcase separates from the MP5 when the user squeezes the handle, and the Royal Armouries already explained this gun very thoroughly. The third one, the one that I'm interested in, is shown in a picture that appears to be a Hecker and Koch brochure and shows what appears to be a leather briefcase where the user shoots the gun by putting one's hand inside the briefcase. I have tried to find what it's called and how it came about, but there is hardly anything on the internet. Can I get help for researching this gun? Thanks.
Forgotten weapons:
View: https://youtu.be/2CH-5kY5w2Q?si=2s30kjAlITJC68jN

Hickok45:
View: https://youtu.be/08ay2us5IDs?si=-igPvUyhGNGPlkBf

Royal Armouries:
View: https://youtu.be/6nTgWX3LJeM?si=DWH0gPQ60SjdpFDC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231203_233039_My Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_233039_My Browser.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 46
A variant of the Soviet AK-74 assault rifle known as the AKS-74U VIP was apparently used as a suitcase weapon by the KGB (and its immediate successor, the FSK?). It may also have been used by close protection units of the Politsiya Rossii.

That weapon lacked part of the muzzle in order to make it fit inside the suitcase. The rear sight was seemingly fitted with a handle which locked into the suitcase so that it became the handle of said suitcase.

To operate the weapon, the individual holding the suitcase simply needed to press a button on the handle, an action which separated the suitcase from the weapon.

In a related concept, back in 201, Full Conceal offered a folding version of a Glock 19 pistol. The grip folded forward - under the barrel - to reduce the footprint to not much larger than a large smartphone. A triple-hinged trigger guard helped. Full Conceal's chief advantage was retaining 21 rounds of 9 X 19 mm Luger ammo in a sub-compact carry size. Unfortunately, Full conceal did not offer much advantage over sub-compact Glock pistols and the concept soon faded.
The real problem with Full Conceal was that the folding lower was $600, a good $200 more than a complete Glock at the time. And Glock slides+barrel were very nearly the same cost as the complete pistol, so building a Full Conceal ends up being $1000 for a pistol that you need to unfold and load before using, all so that it doesn't print like a weapon...

I would think a Metal storm roman candle type deal would be better.

Open it up and it still looks like a briefcase.

The tops of work trucks with fitting could have a tiny trebuchet or slingshot deal hidden in it. No powder for dogs to sniff.