• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Blue Origin and New Shephard RLV

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Via Slashdot:
"Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., introduced a last-minute amendment Monday to eliminate the $10 billion. “It does not make a lot of sense to me that we would provide billions of dollars to a company owned by the wealthiest guy in America,” Sanders told The Intercept Tuesday."

Either Sanders is an idiot or he doesn't understand how business works. Or both. (Not that I think BO should get money either but not for the reason he's saying.)
Let's be honest, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and in this case Sanders absolutely has the right of it. This is nothing but a handout to a rich guy that threw a temper tantrum because his company lost a bid.
Well, if we're being "honest", the fact that the company is owned by a "rich guy" (is that a crime now?) is coincidental. Companies not owned by "rich guys" file, and win, protests all the time.
You are not quite accurate. Blue Origin has not won the protest "yet". But they have won the lobbyist game for sure. The senate is interceding before any judgement has been rendered, and giving a "solicited" hand-out. Is the coincidence that the "rich guy" didn't get what he wants, so the senate is giving it to him .......... only by coincidence mind you.
Again, this is not an unprecedented development, and has happened where the company wasn't owned by a "rich guy". :rolleyes: So yes, it's a coincidence. And still looking for the $10 billion check that's being cut for BO.

djfawcett

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Via Slashdot:
"Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., introduced a last-minute amendment Monday to eliminate the $10 billion. “It does not make a lot of sense to me that we would provide billions of dollars to a company owned by the wealthiest guy in America,” Sanders told The Intercept Tuesday."

Either Sanders is an idiot or he doesn't understand how business works. Or both. (Not that I think BO should get money either but not for the reason he's saying.)
Let's be honest, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and in this case Sanders absolutely has the right of it. This is nothing but a handout to a rich guy that threw a temper tantrum because his company lost a bid.
Well, if we're being "honest", the fact that the company is owned by a "rich guy" (is that a crime now?) is coincidental. Companies not owned by "rich guys" file, and win, protests all the time.
You are not quite accurate. Blue Origin has not won the protest "yet". But they have won the lobbyist game for sure. The senate is interceding before any judgement has been rendered, and giving a "solicited" hand-out. Is the coincidence that the "rich guy" didn't get what he wants, so the senate is giving it to him .......... only by coincidence mind you.
Again, this is not an unprecedented development, and has happened where the company wasn't owned by a "rich guy". :rolleyes: So yes, it's a coincidence. And still looking for the $10 billion check that's being cut for BO.
LOL - nobody said there is no precedence. In fact, there is precedence. So obviously, there is no coincidence. You sort of proved my point ....... the lobbyist rules

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Via Slashdot:

LOL - nobody said there is no precedence. In fact, there is precedence. So obviously, there is no coincidence. You sort of proved my point ....... the lobbyist rules
Okay, keep moving the goalposts. Buh-bye.

Flyaway

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Great news. And not an easy one to make.

The Jet set is dead, old-fashioned. Long live to the Space Set!

Last edited:

Archibald

Reaction score
Geez, is he Bezos' brother at 0:08 ? he looks indeed like a fat clone of Jeff, including the frightening eyes LMAO. :p

Damn it, it just like Nicolas Sarkozy, his father Pal (il a un beau pedigree, Pal - ouarf ouarf !) and his brother Guillaume. The father looks like a taller Nicolas (one foot taller), and Guillaume looks like a fatty clone of Nicolas.

As we say in French "ils sont pas du facteur, ceux là !" (those are from the father for sure, not from a passing mailman or plumber ROTFL)

Archibald

Reaction score
Branson on July 4 (because America) and Bezos on July 20 (because Apollo) ? is nobody thinking about Bastille day, the 14 ?

(my mom birthday is on July 13 and my stepmother, July 9 - exactly a decade apart, 1943 and 1953, yet only four days apart, damn it - can you believe that ? and how it makes our couple mother's anniversaries a complicated affair since 2006 ?)

Last edited:

Flyaway

Reaction score

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
While the cost of a pound of Solid state electronics or steel to orbit have nosed down with SpaceX, the pound of meat just skyrocketed...

Blue Origin auctioned off the third seat of the manned-voyage that's set to go down in late July -- the first of its kind for the company -- and they're saying the winning bid went to somebody who dropped ... wait for it ... a whopping $28 MILLION for the opportunity.
I think this is equivalent to what Tom Cruise is said to have paid for his stay in the Space Station...