Beechcraft AT-10 Wichita drawings for model project

Ianwmiles

Too many projects, not enough balsa...
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a new user, first post here. so I hope my request for help is not frowned upon too badly (I was told my best chance of finding the information I require would be on this site).

I've been searching for any 3 view drawings / sectional details relating to the Beechcraft AT-10 Wichita advanced trainer circa 1941.

It seems that information and drawings relating to this lovely little aircraft are hard to come by. It saddens me that she is vanishing into the realms of aviation history. At least the USAF museum has an example in its collection :)

I'm planning on modeling this aircraft in the near future (large scale R/C), so the research starts now. I've found a small number of photos via the web, but drawings are proving to be a pain in the bunda.

Can anyone here help me out with a decent resolution 3 view or if at all possible any section or airfoil drawings / data?

Many thanks in advance, Ian

Hi Ianwmiles,

welcome aboard,here is a 3-view to AT-10.

Attachments

• AT-10.png
    AT-10.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 230
Welcome aboard, indeed! Anyone with a taste for pre-war types, especially American, has got to be a worthy addition to just ANY aviation circle! LOL

Do you plan to do the regular version? The experimental V-tailed variant was nice too!

Hi Hesham, Skyblazer and Merriman, thanks for the great welcome, and a big thank you to Hesham for the 3 view. Its a great start.

My modelers Achilles heel seems to be my liking for anything that is hard to find good information on (also anything with a round engine or multi engines... sigh). The model on the drawing board at present is the Aero AE-45, another lovely little twin. She's in 1/6 at the moment, but I would like to go 1/5. I'm thinking of the same scale for the AT-10.

I'm open minded at the moment regarding the XAT-10A. The V tail adds quite a bit of character to the aircraft. I haven't found any text relating to the test flight and its characteristics as of yet.

I've read a few small articles saying that the standard AT-10 was a great flying aircraft, and seems to have many fans. Had to edit my sentence here, as I'd actually confused myself data wise with another aircraft the AT-9 which was the more difficult of the two to fly (serves me right for reading too many things at the same time! Red face).

Back to the net to carry on digging. Fantastic resource here. I could (and probably will BUT shouldn't) spend days here reading about different aircraft types...

Ian

Hi Ian,

we can help you in most aircraft drawings you need.

Hi Hesham,

Thanks for that. It's great to know communities like this one still exist.

The search goes on for more AT-10 info. I've found a couple more half decent images, a cockpit shot and a couple of photos from one of the pre restoration survivors. Wow, there isn't much left of these girls once the wood has rotted away.

The pre restoration photos are good for structural details in the cockpit area. I'm chasing the few sources I've found to see if they have anything they are willing to share, even if it's just the pre restoreation pics in higher resolution (the on line ones are small). Fingers crossed.

I've thrown a line out to Beech themselves to see if they have anything, and another one out to the Smithsonion to enquire if they have any drawings on microfiche that might be worth looking at. So far my replies equal a total zero though.

I have however started laying out some ideas on that three view. I'll sketch some more tomorrow then see if I have time to take hem into cad and play there.

I enjoy the research phase of these projects. It's always fun to see what we can dig up, though it can be frustrating at times as well.

If anyone has any other AT10 info, please feel free to share it :)

Ian

Hi Ian.

all I have.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 2.png
    2.png
    319.2 KB · Views: 107
Hi Hesham

Excellent details there. Thanks to you I now have the root profile used on the aircraft and quite a few other details too.

Thank you :)

Ian