Beautiful Turkish MBT project

Golfus

Lo que diga Don Manué
Reaction score
Hi, gentelmen.
I have found in www.portierramaryaire.com (spanish web and forum) a very interesting project. It is the proposed new MBT for the turkish army, designed by GIAT.
Could anyone hav 3-view derawings of this beauty?

Thanks in advance

Golfus
Viva er Beti manque pierda...

Attachments

• Turkish_GIAT_MBT.jpg
    Turkish_GIAT_MBT.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,051
Whats new about it, its a Leclerec with Bar armour and skirts to protect it's running gear/supress dust??

It is the proposed new MBT for the turkish army
Is this idea still current? (realistically, budget-wise)
It would be surprising, with Turkey having bought the IMI Sabra upgrade.

JohnR said:
Whats new about it, its a Leclerec with Bar armour and skirts to protect it's running gear/supress dust??

Nope,the hull is the same (looks like the Azur Variant of Leclerc which is specially designed for urban fight) but the turret is a bit different, and I'm sure the that a siginficant part of systems are not French. ;)

Do you have any info on those missile or rocket launchers flanking the remote weapon station? This is the only picture I've seen them in and I can't find any description for them. Seems like they might be the Ukrainian Skif/RK-2, but they seem smaller than 130mm.

Do you have any info on those missile or rocket launchers flanking the remote weapon station? This is the only picture I've seen them in and I can't find any description for them. Seems like they might be the Ukrainian Skif/RK-2, but they seem smaller than 130mm.
Interceptors launchers of unspecified Active Protection System.

Interceptors launchers of unspecified Active Protection System.

Of course. Thanks.

I think this is Akkor. It's usually been exhibited with an over-under launcher, but this picture of the system on Altay last year shows it with a side-by-side launcher configuration.

Attachments

• p1732735_main.jpg
    p1732735_main.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 153
The Turkish tank active protection system is called Akkor Pulat and it is based on Ukrainian Zaslon system. Here are my articles about that (sorry, only in Czech, but you can use Google Translator, of course):
http://lvisingr.czweb.org/stazeni/atm/zaslon_pro_turecko.rtf
http://lvisingr.czweb.org/stazeni/atm/turecke_tankove_novinky.rtf

Akkor Pulat/Zaslon seems to be the older fixed APS that they have been retrofitting on the upgraded M60s (and maybe Leo 2?).

The version on the Altay is a trainable system. Might be a further development of Zaslon? It's not at all clear -- Turkey has a habit of claiming things as indigenous developments that are just licensed or modified versions of imported gear.

nope the Akkor is Aselsan's own developement and still in developement
But the Pulat system is as you said based on the Zaslon which Aselsan modified as an urgent need for the Turkish M60 Sabras for deployement in Syria

Attachments

• 15821236115e4d4a5b7fc14_1582123611_3x2_rt.jpg
    15821236115e4d4a5b7fc14_1582123611_3x2_rt.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 1197979.jpg
    1197979.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 80
  • 0x0-tsk-konvoyu-idlibin-cabal-el-zaviye-bolgesinde-goruntulendi-1582132614708.jpg
    0x0-tsk-konvoyu-idlibin-cabal-el-zaviye-bolgesinde-goruntulendi-1582132614708.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom