Back on track with fingers crossed

Flitzer

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi all.
I am delighted to say my software problems seem to be over. I was about to launch into a complete clean and re-install of my iMacs total system. Just before I was to start I thought I'll give it one last try to open Freehand and there it was. All up and running and ready to go. I have not a clue as to why it decided to refuse to launch 12 months, at least, and not a clue as to why its suddenly come back to life? I didn't do anything but it opened and it's working. So I'm back and I'm over the moon. I will now try to pick up the pieces and get started on a new set of profiles. So if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

I've missed you all.
P

Very glad for you!! Make sure to have backups both on external HD units AND in the "cloud". One is never too cautious...

Oh dear, what happen ?!

I know Mac and MAC OS as very tuff and stable computer systems
with occasional little problems

i my case after update to Mac OS 10.10 refused my Photoshop CS4 suite to work
i de-adobe-zides my Mac and installed GIMP, Pixelnator, Sketchbook pro and Artboard
and it run better as before...

Thanks for the tip Michael.
Will keep it in mind should it blip again.
I'm relearning everything, as its been that long. But I've already started sifting through profile files.

:D Peter

Flitzer said:
.. But I've already started sifting through profile files

That's, what we wanted to hear ! ;)

Well, computer problems are something like a flu ! They come and sometimes you take
pills against it. And not long ago, for me the side effects were worse, than the problem !
But somehow it heals over ...

Its weird how the software just stopped working then almost 2 years later (?) it started up fine.
I'm wondering if a software update affected it at the time? Then now a recent software update has cleared the problem?

I shouldn't ask too many questions, I'm very grateful I've got the 'MoJo' back ;).

About such software problems, I've just had a minor one with my beloved CorelDraw. Couldn't fix
it by intensively searching the settings (there really are a lot !) and in several posts found on the net, I saw,
that I wasn't the only one suffering from it.
The solution came in the form of a list of shortcut keys, which to a large portion are not documented
by Corel itself. Just striking two keys accidentally and you've changed something in your settings, you
will have a hard time to reset. Maybe you could find such a list for your software, too ? Mine was on
the site of a German university and I would highly recommend it to any user of CorelDraw.

Sods Law. My iMac software is back as mentioned. Now I need a new mouse. Its okay for typing on forum but its not great doing the profiles. Been struggling.
New one ordered but delivery after the holidays.

Merry Christmas and a Great 2015 to you all.
Peter :D