BAC Thunderbold/BAe CFAM MANPADS Proposal to Brazil?

TinWing

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Here is JackEHammond's post at Keypublishing:

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64267

The picture that Jazz posted seems to illustrate TVC, but I can't really be sure?

Here is the BAC Thunderbold brochure JackEHammond posted Army Recognition:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1743#1743[/url]

I really have to wonder about the dimensions and weights of this missile?

The winning entry to this contest, Starstreak had a 5 inch/127 mm launch tube diameter and a launch tube length of less than 1.4 meters.

BAe CFAM (Common Forward Area Missile) low cost antiarmour and anti-helicopter missile built on the experience BAE gained during work on the British Army's requirement for a high volocity missile system to supplement the Tracked Rapier. BAe's entry was the Thunderbolt.

BAe then became involved with Orbita Sistemas Aerospaciais SA in the development of a low altitude SAM system for the Brazilian Army.

CFAM performace put at mach 4, 5000m range. Missile is 60mm in diameter and has overall length of 1.5m. For control it relies mainly on body lift with 4 hot-gas lateral thrusters arranged around the forebody of the spinning missile.

This information was takem from Jane's Defense Weekly...my problem as it ran over two pages my A4 photocopy does not have the date and page number at the bottom.

Does any one know of the Marconi close air defense weapon (SR-SAM) or the Drop-nose short range missile seen as a replacement for starstreak. ?

JAZZ said:
BAe CFAM (Common Forward Area Missile) low cost antiarmour and anti-helicopter missile built on the experience BAE gained during work on the British Army's requirement for a high volocity missile system to supplement the Tracked Rapier. BAe's entry was the Thunderbolt.

BAe then became involved with Orbita Sistemas Aerospaciais SA in the development of a low altitude SAM system for the Brazilian Army.

CFAM performace put at mach 4, 5000m range. Missile is 60mm in diameter and has overall length of 1.5m. For control it relies mainly on body lift with 4 hot-gas lateral thrusters arranged around the forebody of the spinning missile.

This information was takem from Jane's Defense Weekly...my problem as it ran over two pages my A4 photocopy does not have the date and page number at the bottom.

Does any one know of the Marconi close air defense weapon (SR-SAM) or the Drop-nose short range missile seen as a replacement for starstreak. ?

Wow, thanks for the dimensions and performance specs.

Via Think Defence, the vehicle mounted version of Thunderbolt on a Stormer chassis:

British-Aerospace-Thunderbolt-on-a-Stormer-740x486.jpg

Attachments

• British-Aerospace-Thunderbolt-on-a-Stormer-740x486.jpg
    British-Aerospace-Thunderbolt-on-a-Stormer-740x486.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 304
Back
Top Bottom