"B-58 Derived SSTs" Now Available

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
Now available: a 42 page book on B-58 derived supersonic transport concepts.

At the end of the 1950′s, the future of aviation was to be the supersonic transport.
In order to get there, Convair suggested that their Mach 2 B-58 “Hustler” bomber be
converted into testbeds for SST technologies and operations. Several aircraft were
designed, from pure test aircraft to planes designed for combined passenger
transport and recon… all the way to a Mach 3 transport capable of carrying 135
passengers 4000 miles.

This book describes these designs, and is richly illustrated with contemporary and
modern diagrams and full-color photos and artwork. This is an expanded version of an
article for Aerospace Projects Review, with a bunch of new color artwork as well as
drawings and details on the previously unshown Mach 3 operational SST that Convair
had in mind!

See here for artwork and ordering details: http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=11340

This is available in three forms: as a downloadable PDF ($4.00), as a printed volume
through MagCloud ($13.00 + S&H) or as both a printed volume *and* a digital PDF
version ($15.00 + S&H). I've never done this last type before, so if anyone chooses
this... post a comment on how it went!

Color artwork provided by our very own Archipeppe!

Attachments

• art35-1.jpg
    art35-1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 333
  • art35-2.jpg
    art35-2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 341
  • art35-3.jpg
    art35-3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 347
As SST's, and Bomber derived SST's are one of my fetishes, I duly ordered the printed copy with digital PDF this morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

cheers

Duncan

THX to Scott and Archipeppe
[/size]again a ultra cool work ! B) B) B)
order my copy...

Very Cool!

I jumped in as well.

I ordered APR Volume 2 Number 6 through MagCloud, because it had a new
view of one of the Convair Mach 4 Seaplane designs that I had not seen published
before (pg 12). Plus it put together in one place all of the drawings of those designs
plus this new one. I got the book in the mail shortly after, and it looked very good.

So thanks Scott and Archipeppe!

I did the paper plus digital option, worked like a charm. Added the ROMBUS APR issue as well (how did I miss that before). Magcloud seems to take forever to ship to deepest darkest Massachusetts, but I'll be waiting patiently.

Recieved Saturday. Excellent production on a great topic. Thanks, Scott.