Aurora - a Famous Speculative Project

Actually let's just face the fact that we need the Aurora to go public, it's been 38 years and 8-ish months. I won't even send the link, this is for Lockheed Martin to understand that all illegal operations are from their black project aircraft.
I extremely strongly detest and resent your wimpy dodge on providing verifiable sources for your outlandish claims, but any allegations of illegal operations clearly require verifiable proof. What is your objective evidence?

Okay. I found a patent based on one of the Aurora aircraft from the program. Ever heard of the TR-3B? That's right. The link that I'm about to give you proves that the TR-3B and other craft that are like the TR-3B in general do exist and are seen everywhere doing secret surveillance. Link to patent: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en

And if you want to see all of the well known black project aircraft, here is the link to type on Google: LEGACYclassifiedaircraft.pdf

Okay. I found a patent based on one of the Aurora aircraft from the program. Ever heard of the TR-3B? That's right. The link that I'm about to give you proves that the TR-3B and other craft that are like the TR-3B in general do exist and are seen everywhere doing secret surveillance. Link to patent: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en
nope, that is not proof. Plus that doesn't work for anything over a few grams

How about this? This was captured by satellite on Google Earth somewhere in Australia years ago. Now it's not there anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-02-14-27-16-231.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-02-14-27-16-231.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 47
Incredible.... after all these years (40 or more) that Aurora still stands without any proof even a vile clue we are still talking about it.

When I was a teenager (in 1982) I was happy to follow such mythology, now that I'm a man (getting older and older) I'm only tired.

Incredible.... after all these years (40 or more) that Aurora still stands without any proof even a vile clue we are still talking about it.

When I was a teenager (in 1982) I was happy to follow such mythology, now that I'm a man (getting older and older) I'm only tired.
Thats a black project for you ;)

Thats a black project for you ;)
Nope.

Even a "black" project leaves solid trails behind it.
There is any political or strategic reason to keep stuff covered by secrets for more than four decades.

All the most importat "black programs" were revelead after 5/10 years hiatus, because their operative nature.

Why a project should be kept secret during the R&D phase is clear, it also serves to confuse potential enemies.
But after 4 decades a project still secret is no longer usable as psychological tricks, after 4 decades secrecy became legend and no one is scared off by legends....

Nope.

Even a "black" project leaves solid trails behind it.
There is any political or strategic reason to keep stuff covered by secrets for more than four decades.

All the most importat "black programs" were revelead after 5/10 years hiatus, because their operative nature.

Why a project should be kept secret during the R&D phase is clear, it also serves to confuse potential enemies.
But after 4 decades a project still secret is no longer usable as psychological tricks, after 4 decades secrecy became legend and no one is scared off by legends....
I dont know how to answer that but you have a good point. But what about the Black Projects Area 51 pilots have admitted to flying, examples being Joseph A. Lanni with the YF-24, Frank T Birk's classfied prototype from 1983, etc. Those are decades old yet no public announcement.

Also does anyone remember the claims of methane tanks being installed at Area 51? Not that I believe that claim, just asking if anyone else has heard of it.

Unfortunately the official USAF biography of the Brigadier General Joseph A. Lanni doesn't mention any YF-24.

Whatever claim was made about him and his involvement with a non-existent YF-24 is (obviously) a fake news.

Unfortunately the official USAF biography of the Brigadier General Joseph A. Lanni doesn't mention any YF-24.

Whatever claim was made about him and his involvement with a non-existent YF-24 is (obviously) a fake news.
But what about other black projects that have yet to see the light of day? Also im pretty sure the YF-24 was mentioned but it was removed from his biography.

While I have agreed with most everything you have said in this discussion thread, you are wrong about the YF-24. That really was the designation of one of the ten classified aircraft that Lanni flew at Groom Lake. Some (or most) of those were foreign types, but at least one seems likely to have been something else. Lanni made the first flight in something (probably the YF-24 that was at one time featured in his official USAF bio) in the spring of 1997. The YF-24 aircraft designation was removed from his bio after it got a lot of attention from people on discussion boards like this one.

Well then let's ask Bob Lazar about the Aurora. He said he saw it one night at Area 51.

Just one of a series of articles exposing why married to a convicted murderer and convicted felon Bob would n never have a secret or Q clearance never mind the inconsistencies, the pseudoscience etc etc. Maybe read up on him and his background before ever referring to that grifter again.

Also does anyone remember the claims of methane tanks being installed at Area 51? Not that I believe that claim, just asking if anyone else has heard of it.
Of course. There were plenty of rumours about it, while it's difficult to say if the tanks were prepared for methane, the truth is that a fuel 'breakthrough' of some kind was there in the late 80's...

I heard about it too. Inside the tanks were pure methane for hypersonic aircraft, which in this case, the Aurora.

I heard about it too. Inside the tanks were pure methane for hypersonic aircraft, which in this case, the Aurora.

This is from memory, from almost 30 years ago, so I may be a little off on specifics, but....

The fuel tanks I believe you are referring to are these:

tankfarm.jpg

In the early 1990s new tanks were installed at Groom Lake. There had been smaller tanks there previously (the old tanks are visible on 1988 satellite imagery). They were again changed in the early 2000s (the configuration shown above).
There was speculation that these may be cryogenic tanks supporting the Aurora program. At the time we had very, very limited information about them. Few photos, though at the time there were accessible viewpoints that allowed these to be seen.

Since then there have been better photos from the ground, from satellites, etc. There is no evidence to support the hypothesis that these are cryogenic tanks. There is considerable evidence to refute it. There is no evidence of any of the infrastructure needed to support the storage of cryogenic methane or hydrogen. These tanks appear to be be conventional POL storage for aviation fuel.

Further, back when these rumors and speculation were happening I looked deeply into liquid methane. At the time the total production capacity of liquid methane in the US was.... tiny. Not even enough to fill the tanks of an "Aurora", much less support a flight test program. And there is no evidence of methane or hydrogen production facilities at Groom Lake (not then, not now).

I looked at the Area 51 building map from Dreamland Resort. They're water tanks for the south ramp area. Mostly cryogenic and/or methane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what you are saying here.
They are water tanks... or they are cryogenic tanks? Or methane? They can't be both.
Water tanks that are filled with cryogenics. That's what I believe. We don't know what they're holding inside these tanks. It's classified.

The other thing that also fuels the myth of the aurora was the expansion of the runway at Groom Lake in the late 80s and early 90s.

The other thing that also fuels the myth of the aurora was the expansion of the runway at Groom Lake in the late 80s and early 90s.
The old OXCART runway, built in 1960, was extended on the southern end in the late 1980s due to deterioration on the northern end from alkali leaching into the concrete from the lakebed. At the same time the northern section was closed, reducing the active runway length to about 10,000 feet, so you could say the runway was actually shortened rather than lengthened. The "expansion" was an illusion. The closure only became apparent with the advent of high-resolution satellite imagery. Eventually that entire runway was closed and replaced by the newer 12,000-foot concrete airstrip that was built in the early 1990s.

The old OXCART runway, built in 1960, was extended on the southern end in the late 1980s due to deterioration on the northern end from alkali leaching into the concrete from the lakebed. At the same time the northern section was closed, reducing the active runway length to about 10,000 feet, so you could say the runway was actually shortened rather than lengthened. The "expansion" was an illusion. The closure only became apparent with the advent of high-resolution satellite imagery. Eventually that entire runway was closed and replaced by the newer 12,000-foot concrete airstrip that was built in the early 1990s.
The only runway that is operational is runway 32R/14L. As for the dry lake runways, they were operational but they aren't now. Also it appears that there are secret elevators that lift aircraft up to these said runways.

Umm, where might those be?
The elevators are very well hidden platforms that are the entire runways(sometimes they can split up piece by piece in formation of elevators next to each other). They're invisible to the naked eye, further showing that the elevators work only at night where the base is conducting secret ops.