Ateliers Normandie-Anjou Typhon tandem-wing twin-boom light aircraft project....

Caravellarella

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Dear Boys and Girls, here is a small feature in French on the Ateliers Normandie-Anjou Typhon STOL light aircraft "project" which features tandem-wings and twin-booms; I assume it was never built......

The feature comes from the 15th October 1965 issue of Aviation Magazine International......

Terry (Caravellarella)

These half-biplane half-tandem wings remind the Nenadovitch airplanes, including the twin-boom ML-10
remember http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,12362.0.html

Dear Tophe, here is a picture of the model exhibited at the 1965 Paris Salon; along with some text in French, of the Ateliers Normandie-Anjou Typhon design......

The picture comes from the 1st July 1965 issue of Aviation Magazine International......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Thanks a lot for these details. I knew this plane but I classified it as canard: I was wrong, the text is clear, thanks! ;D

Described as Eiffel Typhon II this picture of an desktop model(?) has been published in Aerosport magazine in 9/1965 (page 311). Is there any relationship to the Laboratoire Aéronautique Eiffel (thanks to Jemiba for the hint to this 'office')? I'm looking for details of this design (proposed engines, etc). The article doesn't say anything about the background but I believe the photograph was taken at the Le Bourget Aerosalon in the same year. Maybe other magazines reported about the project ...

Thanks.

Attachments

• Eiffel Typhon II.jpg
    Eiffel Typhon II.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 241
My dear Boxkite,

we opened a topic for her;
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,12594.msg123603.html#msg123603

Topics merged
Can anybody confirm, that there is (or is not ?) a relation between the "Ateliers Normandie-Anjou"
and the "Laboratoire Aéronautique Eiffel" ?

Jemiba said:
Topics merged
Can anybody confirm, that there is (or is not ?) a relation between the "Ateliers Normandie-Anjou"
and the"Laboratoire Aéronautique Eiffel" ?

The "Laboratoire Aéronautique Eiffel" is a wind-tunnel center created by Gustave Eiffel in 1912 at Auteil, Paris, and is still operational.
(This Laboratoire was classed as French "Monument historique" in 1997 and, in 2005, was the first French site classed by the ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) as Historical & Scientific Site of the World Mechanical Engineering).

The "Typhon" project was designed by the "Ateliers Mormandie-Anjou" and was wind-tested in 1965 at the "Laboratoire Eiffel".

Philippe

Many thanks! Funny, how some references in mags or books can lead to the
wrong way .... but result in interesting news later !

Back
Top Bottom