Arrow II - Reconstructing the Avro Arrow to fly

Photon440

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I mentioned the Arrow in my post in the 'introduce yourself' section and someone asked for pictures. Rather than continue in that thread I thought I'd put this by itself. Basically, a project to complete a flying replica of the Avro Arrow, reduced to 60% scale, is well underway at the AVRO Museum in Alberta. A slow effort, it has been underway for over ten years, with the results so far showing a recognizable airframe.

1699224924756.jpeg 1699224942125.jpeg 1699224960819.jpeg There are lots of others more recent than this, the rudder has since been mounted.

You can find these and many more photos at the museum's website page: https://www.avromuseum.com/photos5.html

Basic dimensions of this two seat piloted scale aircraft are:

Length: 46.ft
Height: 12.7ft
Wing - span: 30.0ft
Max. take off weight should be 8,200 lbs.

The engines, which were removed from a vintage LearJet specially purchased for this project, are GE CJ 610-6 turbojets good for 3,100 lbs thrust each.

The majority of the fuselage is fiberglass, while carbon fiber wings are used. They are undergoing fuel tank testing as of the last newsletter.

Anyway, the link probably answers most of your questions so I won't repeat it all here but ask away if there's anything I can add. Just so you know, I'm a museum volunteer, mostly working on archival data as I'm not close to the museum, and haven't actually seen it myself. But I hope to get there, as a life time member of the museum my name will eventually be added inside the undercarriage well. :)