Are some secret projects too secret?!!

Are some secret projects too secret?!!

• Yes

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters

"Former US Senator Harry Reid believes that Russians are the force behind a spate of mysterious incidents in which Unidentified Flying Objects have harassed US military members off the coast of California.

Mr Reid sat down for an interview this week with Mysterywire.com, a website focused on paranormal topics. The interviewer, veteran journalist and long-time Coast to Coast AM guest host George Knapp, suggested the UFOs could be Chinese in origin, but the former senator disagreed.

"Always remember, Russia, the former Soviet Union, is run by a man who ran the KGB. They had as many as 30,000 agents at one time, KGB agents. So, Russia's involved in this, no question about it," Mr Reid said."

Since he was a Senator, he might know something we don't.

sublight said:
Triton said:
Certainly these secrets shouldn't be revealed for the sole benefit of historians and aviation and military enthusiasts.

You don't think its important to put an end to one of the biggest "myths" of all time?

You are taking my sentence out of context. I don't believe it is important to dispel "myths" or correct historical inaccuracies if the security of the nation is harmed or the safety, or potential safety, of the public is put at risk.
Wisest to keep the bad guys guessing for as long as possible.

The problem with keeping them too secret for too long is this:

I don't think it's "aliens", nor do I think it was Venus. It was probably some balloon based recon platform test, but it perpetuated the "flying saucer" urban legend even more. So much more in fact, that it ended up in a movie....

"fake moon landing" isn't the only myth Uncle Sam needs to bust.....

Very sad. I can show you a document from Air Materiel Command, Wright Field, Dayton Ohio, from 1947. No explanations then. No explanations now. Aliens or Venus, take your pick. Or secret government program "unknown to this command."

"Former US Senator Harry Reid believes that Russians are the force behind a spate of mysterious incidents in which Unidentified Flying Objects have harassed US military members off the coast of California.

Mr Reid sat down for an interview this week with Mysterywire.com, a website focused on paranormal topics. The interviewer, veteran journalist and long-time Coast to Coast AM guest host George Knapp, suggested the UFOs could be Chinese in origin, but the former senator disagreed.

"Always remember, Russia, the former Soviet Union, is run by a man who ran the KGB. They had as many as 30,000 agents at one time, KGB agents. So, Russia's involved in this, no question about it," Mr Reid said."

And George Bush Senior used to be head of the CIA.

I suspect that a few secret projects were such failures and so expensive that Congress would prefer that they never be mentioned in public. Oh the embarrassment!

US Black Programs
Good: Excepts the risks and pushes the limits to develop and field extraordinary platforms, technologies and capabilities.
Bad: Potential blank checkbooks to nowhere with potential huge wastes of funding eventually hidden away, no results or accountability.

TBH It would not surprise me, if anything test reactions, and how good say a carrier battle group defense systems fare / react.

It is not that difficult as hell even college / university engineering (aero or mech or electronic/electrical) can design make drones in the lab ( near 3 decades ago when I was at uni , there were projects in final year )

Must have read about the drones / UAv seen alarmingly near nuclear plants stateside around a decade ago..

cheers

The "cube-in-a-sphere" is a drone if Sean Kirkpatrick is to be believed... perhaps a few things will be declassified...