Anyone interested in enabling Google/Facebook/Microsoft etc logins to the forum?

What social logons would you like to use to log onto the forum ?

• Facebook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twitter

• Google

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • GitHub

• LinkedIn

• Microsoft

• Yahoo

• None! Keep away from them all!

Votes: 34 97.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Yahoo even going to be around past the end of the year?

Personally I've most of these (possibly all, can't recall if I have GitHub or not), but don't see any reason to switch to using them, when the existing login process is effectively invisible to me.

I suspect it might be relevant to new recruits to the forum, those with existing logins have less to gain.

Then the question is, would you have used them if they were available when you signed up?

Not on your Nelly, mate.

I don't know whether new members would sooner join with a google/facebook/etc login. Speaking for myself, I have some of the mentioned options - I would never use one of them to sign in on any forum.

Then the question is, would you have used them if they were available when you signed up?

Possibly. I occasionally use my Facebook login for new stuff if I'm feeling lazy, but mostly I create a new login.

It's possible some potential new members might be lost because they don't want to set up another password, but its probably not a noticeable problem.

You may be right, but if they having anything of value to share/discuss with us I doubt that the requirement to have a separate password would deter them.

Status
Not open for further replies.