Stellerfella
ACCESS: Secret
- Joined
- 30 July 2026
- Messages
- 221
- Reaction score
- 140
Steller Systems were great. Amazing original ships and concepts. It's a shame they were in Britain where defence spending and naval upkeep was well underfunded.They seem to be drifting towards higher-intensity operations, with some offensive capabilities distributed to largish USVs. For air defence, they'd have a proper Type 83 and Type 91 but I was thinking that maybe the MRSS would have a '93A' loaded for land attack.
I certainly agree that the Ellida in all of its iterations is still under-armed. I'll shed another tear for Steller Systems.
BTW, there are a couple of Dragonfire directors shown - one on a dais protruding from the superstructure behind the missile pack and the other just aft of the starboard funnel.
Anyway, it will be interesting to see what the official requirements are when they're released.
Fearless with some modifications would have made a fantastic Type 83