André Koenig, a french amateur

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
Found this intersting project by the french André Koenig, anybody have more informationsor other aircrafts?

Attachments

• Koenig AK-04.jpg
    Koenig AK-04.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Koenig AK-04-.jpg
    Koenig AK-04-.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 34
an other pic

Attachments

• Koenig 04 Tom-Pouss.jpg
    Koenig 04 Tom-Pouss.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 35
Many inverted V-tails have been proposed, but few have made it into production.
Why?

Last edited:
Many inveterted V-tails have been proposed, but few have made it into production.
Why?
At AoA (pitch angle), the high part of the V tend to be masqued by the fuselage when outward angled V-Tail are not.
Inverted V tail are more a result of finding a mass reduction solution through combining horizontal and Vertical tails on a twin boom aircraft. Fact is that they are difficult to be made thin, high and still play their structural function (see the bending moment coming from the boom's root in the wing) without any increase of mass (and drag).

Hence short they are, offering only a narrow flight domain or even restricting the design (think that most twin boom have a pusher prop with a need to pull the elevator out of the engine airstream).

My 2 cents.

The AK-4 Tom Pouce was registered F-WYGG/F-PYGG.
I know of another design, but not sure whether this is the AK-3 or AK-5. This T-tail aircraft reportedly used the basic wings design of the AK-4, so Ak-5 could be more logical than AK-3.
Not sure that the aircraft was actually completed/flown. Builder said to be a Mr. Jean-Marie Baquet. Engine 55hp JPX-PUL?VW1750. Nearing completion in/around 1984.
Attached photo was shot by Herman Dekker

Attachments

• Koenig AK-3 or AK-5.jpg
    Koenig AK-3 or AK-5.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 38

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.png
    2.png
    254.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Found some pics of the AK-02 and AK-06. I think that these aircraft were not completed and I understand all Koenig aircraft were built by Mr. J-M Baquet.
This gentleman seemed to be an expert with composite/glassfibre materials.
Photos taken by Herman Dekker

Attachments

• Koenig AK-06.jpg
    Koenig AK-06.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Koenig AK-02.jpg
    Koenig AK-02.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 21
Was there any additional information concerning AK-2,6 - i.e. - proposed specs - located where you (Walter) found the pictures? The aircraft appear to be sailplanes and relatively small. That is what draws my interest. Thanks

Dear djfawcett.
I am sorry but cannot be of help as long technical info on the AK-02/AK-06 concerns. My "database" is limited to powered aircraft since 1945 and also these aircraft must have been completed and flown.
Most Koenig photos come from the site of my fellow countryman Herman Dekker who has the habit of making very regular visits to France accompanied by his photocamera. This has resulted in many pics of often rare (homebuilt) aircraft.
You can find his site here: www.hdekker.info/DIVERSEN/BUITENdivers.html. Herman gives a list of airfields he visited and under the year 1983 look for Breitenbach.
I really recommend to visit his site and wish you lots of fun.