an identification request

r16

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
ı fired a rifle only 3 times , and my ears ringed for about 3 weeks .Not the best of experts , ı am and this picture naturally mistified me . What is it ?

Attachments

• unknown.JPG
    unknown.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 78
Spanish?...then is that a CETME?

Its the Czechoslovakian Vz 58 7.62x39mm assault rifle. Looks like an AK-47 clone but has a completely different internal operation. Australian Army used to use it as an OPFOR rifle until buying spares and ammo was defunded 10 years ago (we are now trying to buy a brand new OPFOR rifle!).

I do not think it exactly a VZ58. The magazine seems to be A LOT wider. Maybe a 7.62X54R variant?

The magazine in the first picture is a standard one. Here you've got another view of the vz.58:

samopal20vz581.jpg

Actually the rifle in question is the vz.58's variant designated in Czechoslovakia as 7, 62 mm samopal vz.58 Pi - it has a flash hider, light bipod and wooden stock. The version could have used an IR device as well.

image011.jpg

Piotr

the female model holding the rifle in one of those senseless photoshoots is also Czech . ı was afraid it would turn out to be some kind of a toy . My thanks to all answers .

r16 said:
the female model holding the rifle in one of those senseless photoshoots is also Czech .

Hmmm, doesn't exactly narrow it down. Who is it, may I ask?

yeah , but that would get me banned . ı would rather have that due to something ı am responsible about ...