An early look at APR V2N4

Ah!! The Bell D-188A... One of my childhood fantasies... Wish there was a plastic model of that one one day! With "XF-109A" or "XF3R-1" guises included, of course...

Stargazer2006 said:
Ah!! The Bell D-188A... One of my childhood fantasies... Wish there was a plastic model of that one one day! With "XF-109A" or "XF3R-1" guises included, of course...

The Navy and USAF versions of the D-188A (sometimes though incorrectly known as the "XF3R-1" and "XF-109") were notably different beasts, especially around the tail. There have been several model kits of the "F-109" released over the years by "garage kit" resin companies. I think Anigrand has one out right now in 1/72.

[quote author=prolific1]
when's that showing up?[/quote]

I was hoping to get it done by end of June. See how well *that* worked out. Certainly by end of July.

they are flying right into my heart...

Orionblamblam said:
[quote author=prolific1]
when's that showing up?

I was hoping to get it done by end of June. See how well *that* worked out. Certainly by end of July.
[/quote]

See how well *that* worked out. But it's now essentially done. I plan on sending it out sometime this weekend. About 110 pages.

Looks FISHy to me !!
Actually Convair's work on RoBo SR-126 was linked to the SuperHustler one and from that to Fish and Kingfish.

APR V2N4 will be in two parts

This issue is 113 pages, but it clocked in at over 52 meg (there are a lot of potos but, more hard-hittingly, a lot of large format diagrams). And for some reason my server seems to crap out at about 50 meg when I attempt to upload files. So, I'm breaking it into two pieces for easier uploading *and* downloading. Expect official release Sunday.