Am I color blind or this is my monitor settings?

BlackBat242

OK, I changed my personal text ;)
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has pointed this out already, but just to corroborate once more that the larger panels inboard of the landing gear are (in all likelihood) for access to the engines, the smaller panels on them have both the exact same orientation rather than being mirrored with regards to each other. I.e., since there isn't a left and right version of the engines, those panels need to be in the same position relative to the engine above them.
I've highlighted in red the areas I'm talking about:
View attachment 711527
Would be nice if you adjusted the contrast/brightness so we could see what you are talking about.

Like NCQ's pics, all I can see of the area in question is a black blob.

And I can barely make out a couple of vaguely red blotches in the black blob - without enough detail to locate them any more than "approximately about that area".
Honest question: can you see the numbers in the picture below?
color6.png

If the answer is no, I'm afraid you might be color blind.

May be fast access to accessory gearbox that excludes need to open whole door and care of larger perimeter LO threatment thereafter.
That's my thought as well.

Yeah, I noted elsewhere that this is the biggest fail I've seen from an aerospace corporation in a long time for such an accomplishment. "Oh, it flew? Let's let everyone know it's a new bomber then..."
On par with all the cringey adverts NG has made in the last few years...
Luckily, they still have great engineers and technicians that know how to make aircraft.

Honest question: can you see the numbers in the picture below?
color6.png

If the answer is no, I'm afraid you might be color blind.
I cannot see a number on the left one, and I could still see the red markings. They are subtle, though.

On par with all the cringey adverts NG has made in the last few years...
Luckily, they still have great engineers and technicians that know how to make aircraft.
Means they're spending money on engineers and not on Marketing types. Good!

I cannot see a number on the left one, and I could still see the red markings. They are subtle, though.
To be clear, the number on the left picture here is not subtle, at all. Either something is very wrong with your screen, or you have some form of color vision deficiency.

To be clear, the number on the left picture here is not subtle, at all. Either something is very wrong with your screen, or you have some form of color vision deficiency.
I am FALANT colorblind, but it's annoyingly specific to which shade of red. Stop lights? no problem. Navigation lights? big problem.

I can see the numbers in both pics just fine... but those other images are basically black and nearly featureless (except for the landing gear and the area to the left of the left gear.

Here:

20231113_160005.jpg

I can see the numbers in both pics just fine... but those other images are basically black and nearly featureless (except for the landing gear and the area to the left of the left gear.

Here:

View attachment 711681
Something is seriously wrong with your monitor's black levels. That is not how those images look to anyone else.

I am FALANT colorblind, but it's annoyingly specific to which shade of red. Stop lights? no problem. Navigation lights? big problem.

I'm not quite that bad, but close. I can kinda see the right hand number but nothing in the left at all. I can just barely pass the lantern test (I needed a little test prep from the Coastguard corpsman who administered the test for my NROTC scholarship.)

I've got some vision problems but color is not one of them.
Both the photo in question and the numerals thing are visible to me.

Something is seriously wrong with your monitor's black levels. That is not how those images look to anyone else.
While I am not the totality of "anyone else", yeah, something ain't right with that monitor, black level setting, contrast setting, or something.

Even with Georgie's tail passing through it looks about like yea on monitor here,

IMG_6103.JPG

Yep, he is chronically doing so.
Good cat. Knows his job. My Feline Distraction Personnel are a large part of the reason why it takes me so long to crank out a book.
photobomb a bomber photo, is that one of those things which social media hipsters say is 'so meta'?
It probably would be if there weren't so many syllables.

Maybe a thing to do is go here and pull up both B&W and color steam locomotive images and adjust monitor settings until the photos look balanced,
Or maybe take a photo of something colorful there in the house, load said photo onto the computer, and compare side by side with the same photo directly on the camera. It's probably less likely that display settings got borked on the phone.

Note to mods: delete the Captcha for prospective new members and replace with the eye test...

Note to mods: delete the Captcha for prospective new members and replace with the eye test...
T̵͎͔͍͂̍̔͒͒̐̾̕͠͠͠ḧ̵̢̛͈̜̊̓͘͜a̵̩̯͆́̈̒̈́̓t̴̛͍́̿̏͒̓̂̾̿͂͝'̸̡͎͙̝͔̩͎͉̠̲͙̐́̈́̑͋̀̽̉̓̏͐͒̈͜ͅs̵͓̟̤͊̌͆̈́̿̐̽̏̄̕̕ ̵̝̲̮͓̀̾͊̅̋̀̔̏̅̽͗̀̚̚͠n̴̨͎̙̰̩͚̺̘͓͈̹͙͒̇̀͝o̶̬̪͉̙̅͌̊̑͊̚͝t̴̡͚̞̪̠̼͎̠̳̮̠̫̠̰̔̂̂̚͜͠ ̷̡̨̩̩̩̏͑̈́̑á̴̡͎̯͕̻̝̺̳̜̎̍͐͑̿̽t̵͙̺̲͑̓̇̓͂̈́ ̸̛͍̏̅̿͊͊̌͛͆̄́̍͋̊̚a̵̢͔͇̦̻̖̞̬̫̐́̔͛͊̑͘l̵̢̛͈̗̊̎̿͋̉̋̂͋̽̋͌͜l̴̢͍͚͔̉̈́̂̀̔ ̶̢̧̼̗͓̣̮͍̖̻̫̞̼̠͔͐́̐n̶̺̹̘̺̹̻̭̋̈́͂̃̓̀ḯ̸̤̣͙̄̽̈́̋͜c̸̡̰͎̱̫͕̠͙͎̽́̿̄̇͑͌͊̏̏̚͠ë̶̠̻̦̬͓.̵̡̩͚̯̥̖̩̗̦̔́͊̇̓͋̀̅͑̂̀̕̕͜

Here: picture
I suppose you took that photo via your smartphone. Open SPF on your smartphone's browser and check the same picture for comparison with your monitor, then adjust your monitor settings accordingly.
Although, it's probably going to be easier to just return the monitor to factory settings, as Flateric said.

Enjoy the whole visible light spectrum ;)

Even with Georgie's tail passing through it looks about like yea on monitor here,
picture
Unfortunately BlackBat is still going to see that picture (and the ones of the trains) as a dark blob, if he looks at it on his monitor without changing settings first.

That a "7" on the left and a "1" on the right?
I've got good news and bad news for you...

Flat feet, skipping heartbeat--I'd been 4F even for McNamara's Morons...

Last edited:
Unfortunately BlackBat is still going to see that picture (and the ones of the trains) as a dark blob, if he looks at it on his monitor without changing settings first.
Even though I'm on pills for muscle spasms and a bigtime allergy attack, my brain did think that. Now, granted, I made no effort to let anyone who can not read my mind know that I did.
Whether the trains would show as dark blobs or not is in fact their very purpose - if they from that source show as dark blobs then that indicates there is something with the monitor settings.

That's the first time this has ever worked this way - all of the other pics I have looked at on my monitor since I bought it 3 years ago (including the others on this thread) have looked just fine.

I do have the brightness down just a tad, since the factory setting was painful (much more intense than the factory setting on my old LCD monitor).

OK... playing with the monitor's brightness and contrast controls yielded NO positive results.

Then I checked out the "Black Stretch" control... it was "off" (factory setting), and by changing that to "high" I finally got what you guys apparently were seeing.

So it required a non-standard setting to work.

It is on the monitor itself, using the buttons under the right side of the case (directly under the arrows at bottom right).

20231114_163438.jpg

I miss CRTs.

For years I wore a nice bright yellow shirt...until someone told me it was lime green.

I wanted to fly...learn electronics.

I have heard it said that Greeks could see no color...other than that of blood...

Last edited: