ALBM Projects (was: Er, Skybolt, the missile...)

Don't some air-launched ramjet missiles have internal 'booster' portion ??
The booster can be internal, yes. I think the SA-6 pioneered that technology? The booster is inside what becomes the ramjet combustion chamber.

Although it just occurred to me I'm not familiar with how solid fueled ramjets like Meteor work. I assume there is a solid rocket fuel booster to get it up to speed before the air breathing portion kicks in?
Integrated rocket/VFDR I think. Booster rocket gets it to about Mach 2, then it's a VFDR (Variable Flow Ducted Rocket).

Don't some air-launched ramjet missiles have internal 'booster' portion ??
The booster can be internal, yes. I think the SA-6 pioneered that technology? The booster is inside what becomes the ramjet combustion chamber.

Although it just occurred to me I'm not familiar with how solid fueled ramjets like Meteor work. I assume there is a solid rocket fuel booster to get it up to speed before the air breathing portion kicks in?
Integrated rocket/VFDR I think. Booster rocket gets it to about Mach 2, then it's a VFDR (Variable Flow Ducted Rocket).
ASALM had an integral solid booster.

I have a similar theory related to North Korea whacky buffoon. Look at the size of that Hwasong-17 missile being erected...

I can't think of an operational ramjet that doesn't use a solid rocket booster or super sonic carrier aircraft.
Nord Gerfaut I & II ? Leduc 0.22 ? (for some values of "operational", ofc)