Akaflieg Berlin projects

Aviostoria

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Akaflieg Berlin B-7
Project of 1939: two-seater performance glider.

Akaflieg Berlin B-10
Conceived in 1944, this two seater twin-engined amphibian didn't pass the design stage.

More information, designs are welcome. Thanks

Hi,

is there any drawing survivor to Berlin B7 ?.

From old Italian reference,

what was Berlin 451 & 452 ?.

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 2
Hopefully should be able to post both the Berlin 451 & 452 GAs when I get the relevant magazine in the next few days

Last edited:
Hi,

is there any drawing survivor to Berlin B7 ?.
Not sure yet. I know that apparently the project was for a forward-swept glider two-seater but it did not get beyond the drawing board stage due to the priority given to the B8. It was first drawn up in 1939 and was reported to be similar to the Scheibe Mu 13 Bergfalke, developed after the war.

Not sure yet. I know that apparently the project was for a forward-swept glider two-seater but it did not get beyond the drawing board stage due to the priority given to the B8. It was first drawn up in 1939 and was reported to be similar to the Scheibe Mu 13 Bergfalke, developed after the war.

Interesting. I've never seen the suggestion that the B7 was to be forward-swept. That makes the comparison with the postwar Mü 13 Bergfalke very odd indeed.

I had guessed at a B7 similar in appearance to the FFG Berlin B8 ... other than being a 2-seater with shoulder- rather than high-mounted wings. But your revelation of forward-swept wings changes everything!

Hopefully your magazine has more on the B7. Looking forward to this :D