Airborne carrier by Rexim S.A.

Petrus

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
The Flight magazine of 1 July 1955 contains an article 'Meeting in Geneva' that reports on an aviation show in Geneva in the summer of 1955. In the article is a brief remark:

Rexim S.A. present their light, open gun-carrier, suitable for dropping, by a single parachute, on a palette.
Presumably the company in question is the very same one that built the Rexim Favor SMG (which later on became famous as a basis for weapons of the Imperial Stormtroopers in the "Star Wars" saga) as well as the universal automatic rifle known as the DUG or DIREX (https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/th...and-enigmatic-direx-assault-rifle-1956.39134/).

Has anybody ever heard of a "light, open gun-carrier suitable for droping" on a parachute built by Rexim company? Any input would be appreciated.

Piotr

Not sure about the 'gun-carrier' but it would be the same firm as per the Rexim-Favor sub-machine gun.

Rexim SA was set up by Ottokar Hermann but seems mainly to have be a DDR money-laundering front. Hermann - an ex-Waffen SS Unterscharführer - was now working for the Stasi to move cash, broker illegal property purchases in the BRD, etc.

The story is really convoluted but I can't figure out when Rexim SA itself ceased to operate.

The British Sterling SMG is the basis for the blaster, sorry mate.

JFI, it was my personal weapon right up to and including GW1 or Op Granby as we called it.

The British Sterling SMG is the basis for the blaster, sorry mate.

JFI, it was my personal weapon right up to and including GW1 or Op Granby as we called it.

They did use Rexims as the basis for some SW weapons, including the blasters used by the Death Troopers in some newer films.

Fair enuffski. Sorry folks.