AIM-260

Josh_TN

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Ah, I'm at work and couldn't review the video. That sounds as challenging as the DARPA idea, especially as a back fit. I'll have to watch when I get home to see how they propose to extinguish a lit motor.

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Ah, I'm at work and couldn't review the video. That sounds as challenging as the DARPA idea, especially as a back fit. I'll have to watch when I get home to see how they propose to extinguish a lit motor.
Pressure drop if I had to guess.

bring_it_on

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Turns out, that the first reported JATM related QF-16 activity may have been in December 2019. FSAT-FY20-Missions.png

GARGEAN

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
That timing is impressive. I wonder if it's going so well or just started earlier than commonly anticipated.

bring_it_on

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
I think it was reported earlier that the EMD contract was awarded in 2017 after a competitive phase which likely saw some prototyping. There has been a very long list of counter air missile tech research going back the last 10-15 years so I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to move relatively quickly because they had a few things ready that could easily be integrated. Lockheed has also done a lot of work via its hit to kill missile interceptor programs so probably had some advantage there in terms of tech, experience, and supplier teams that it could pull together.

Last edited: