Aerospatiale P-120 Helicopter

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

of course all of us know this helicopter and its story,which later became the EC-120,
and early concepts are here;

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1989/1989%20-%202113.html
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1990/1990%20-%200541.html

Attachments

• P.120 (1).JPG
    P.120 (1).JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 797
  • P.120 (2).JPG
    P.120 (2).JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 728
From Kryl'ya Rodine 8/1989,

here is an early artist drawing to Aerospatiale/CATIC P-120 helicopter concept.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 582
Greetings to everyone,
This is my first post to this great forum. I am an aviation professional and a long-time helicopter model collector, currently living and working in Europe.
I thought you might enjoy a color photo & some additional information of this concept helo which found its way in my helicopter collection a couple of years ago, possibly the same model as in the previous post. Its length is over 1.20 meters (approx. 3.6 feet) and I have only assembled half of the rotor to fit the shelves.
Actually this concept was designed for Aerospatiale by a very well known Greek Industrial Designer, Antoine Volanis who has worked mainly in France for car companies like Renault, Peugeot and aerospace companies such as Matra and Aerospatiale. His name is on the side of the model in very fine print. The model was discovered in Paris.

Attachments

• DSC09225.JPG
    DSC09225.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 243
ggova said:
Greetings to everyone,
This is my first post to this great forum. I am an aviation professional and a long-time helicopter model collector, currently living and working in Europe.
I thought you might enjoy a color photo & some additional information of this concept helo which found its way in my helicopter collection a couple of years ago, possibly the same model as in the previous post. Its length is over 1.20 meters (approx. 3.6 feet) and I have only assembled half of the rotor to fit the shelves.
Actually this concept was designed for Aerospatiale by a very well known Greek Industrial Designer, Antoine Volanis who has worked mainly in France for car companies like Renault, Peugeot and aerospace companies such as Matra and Aerospatiale. His name is on the side of the model in very fine print. The model was discovered in Paris.

Nice find Ggova,and amazing my dear Toura,many thanks.

From L+K 25/1991,

a first time to hear about P-120PH,a more powerful and five seat version.

Attachments

• 1   25-1991.png
    1 25-1991.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 85
From Aviation magazine 1990.

Attachments

• 16.png
    16.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 177
There are two drawings in this thread, where in the front view the machine seems to have V-shaped tail fins. No such V-shapes are visible in the other perspectives or the models. Any thoughts?