Advancedboy's Designs Topic

Cargonaut . Progress report. I think I wion`t able to have a rollout in August, it might take me longer to shape it the way I want it, so it might be ready by November probably. It will have v shaped vert. stabilizers, new wing and pylon connection system, new type of sharklets, double APUs. Here is a sideview, I will add later iso- belly view.
P.S. -Pedrospe, I think `nvader might be a `stealth high altitude loitering platform`:)

Attachments

• crgnt.jpg
    crgnt.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 707
Progress report on Cargonaut. Some changes might apply in existing design.

Attachments

• crg.jpg
    crg.jpg
    966.8 KB · Views: 536
Ford GT 2016 reworked.( This is how I would have liked it built :) ) The original from Ford is the first pic. Work on Cargonaut was on hold but now has resumed.

Attachments

• 2016-Ford-GT-Detroit-Auto-Show-2016.jpg
    2016-Ford-GT-Detroit-Auto-Show-2016.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 329
  • advgt.jpg
    advgt.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 113
Nice pic AB, but the aero slots aft of the doors are important for drag reduction as well as feeding the big wing that will appear on the GTLM version. Also, now that you closed off the radiator efflux ramps up front, where is the flow from the duct going? Those ramps generate a lot of downforce, which is why they're there in the first place (ref: Corvette C7.R).

ADVANCEDBOY said:
Ford GT 2016 reworked.( This is how I would have liked it built :) ) The original from Ford is the first pic. Work on Cargonaut was on hold but now has resumed.

Looks like it's trying to be a Modena.

A medium utility helicopter for Bell MUH-X . Reminds me a bit of some Kamov designs. MUH has a 2D thrust vectoring exhaust incorporated in a single module with rear rudders.

Attachments

• chop.jpg
    chop.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 41
A sketch of unfinalised jet concept. Front view. The previous chopper sketch was redone. I also added a jigsaw of various concept sketches that I have not finished. They will be finalised one by one , hopefully:)

Attachments

• various non-classf.jpg
    various non-classf.jpg
    780.3 KB · Views: 121
I am enjoying the conceptual artwork, thanks for sharing. For a little bit of inspiration, if you are willing to take requests, I have always thought that the Mignet two-axis tandem-wing formula would make a great STOL assault transport at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent rotorcraft. What do you think something like that might look like, perhaps inspired by the Croses B-EC-9 Para Cargo? Cheers, Matthew

Attachments

• Un cargo pour les amateurs.jpg
    Un cargo pour les amateurs.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 491
Thank you for your appreciation, your idea might work. I will sketch the bi-plane concept for Saturday. A 20-35 ton cargo twin jet powered STOL concept.

A sketch for an unmanned aerial vehicle. Initial overall design. I will post some sketches of a bi-plane tomorrow.

Attachments

• ntcrck.jpg
    ntcrck.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 490
Martin Bayer, I was not aware of Thunderbird 2 existence. And I don`t think they have any significant commonalities. Anyhowz, this is a logo for an alleged Northrop -Grumman classified and experimental aircraft unit.

Attachments

• Jay.jpg
    Jay.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 452
ADVANCEDBOY said:
Martin Bayer, I was not aware of Thunderbird 2 existence. And I don`t think they have any significant commonalities.

If you weren't aware of the design before, perhaps you haven't seen yet what it looks like without a pod - hence my (admittedly somewhat facetious) question whether that would also be an added feature for your concept...

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/153/6/4/thunderbird_2__2__ortho__new__by_unusualsuspex-d7k6ecx.jpg

To me that doesn't look all that dissimilar from your sketch.

Martin

More or less finalised front view of a Northrop-Grumman jet that I posted a couple of days ago.

Attachments

• jayxa.jpg
    jayxa.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 157
Cluttonfred, here are some initial ideations, I can choose probably one of them and try to polish it into a more decent shape:)

Attachments

• temporary sketch.jpg
    temporary sketch.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 387
Great designs,i like the jayx the most,thanks a lot for sharing.

best regards

Pedro

ADVANCEDBOY said:
Cluttonfred, here are some initial ideations, I can choose probably one of them and try to polish it into a more decent shape:)

Thanks so much, I am certainly jealous of your artistic skills. These are great sketches, but you seem to have gone with more of a tailless biplane than the tandem wing I had in mind. In fact, one of those looks a bit like a biplane version of the Northrop XP-79B Flying Ram.

ADVANCEDBOY said:
A sketch for an unmanned aerial vehicle. Initial overall design. I will post some sketches of a bi-plane tomorrow.

Ohh... You are already working for Shenyang in China and designed their Divine Eagle UAV !?? ;)

Attachments

• PLAAF UAV BAMS-like Divine Eagle - 1.jpg
    PLAAF UAV BAMS-like Divine Eagle - 1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 65
Thank you PlanesPictures for your support! here are some more car designs. Dodge Nanobot and Jeep Potomac ( which is not finished yet) and Chevrolet Cliffhanger SUV.

Attachments

• nanobot.jpg
    nanobot.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Jeep P.jpg
    Jeep P.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Cliffhanger.jpg
    Cliffhanger.jpg
    635.8 KB · Views: 136
A small regional jet for a US manufacturer, an almost finished sketch. I am also working on Boeing regional jet- BOREAL, but it will take some time. And a Chevrolet coupe sketch, some changes might apply.

Attachments

• che.jpg
    che.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 716
  • Regis.jpg
    Regis.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 802

Attachments

• Planes.jpg
    Planes.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 811
Progress report on Boeing Cargonaut. It has been on hold for some time but now the work has resumed. it will have 2 giant jet engines instead of previously planned 4.

Attachments

• sit rep2.jpg
    sit rep2.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 935
Thank you, Covert Shores, but I think I am average at best, and there is pleeeeeenty of room for improvement. Anyway, here is a sketch of a future passenger jet for Northrop-Grumman.

Attachments

• Northrop-Grumman Widebody Passenger Jet.jpg
    Northrop-Grumman Widebody Passenger Jet.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 565
Northrop-Grumman Widebody Passenger Jet. Further sketching. Initially I thought of adding solar panels on the roof as the wide fuselage would allow to stack them. Also flying above clouds would allow uninterrupted source of energy. But now I am not so convinced. I am doubtful if the additional mass and substructure to house it would justify the investment and if the solar panels would be powerful enough to generate enough energy to compete with jet fuel in any comparable fashion. So I left the roof area blank just marking the approximate location. Also I had this idea of making various versions for the jet with various passenger capacity. Usually the capacity is increased by stretching the existing versions lengthwise, I decided to go width-wise where various versions could be created adding different length inter- beams. The curvature of beams( for different versions) would be the same , just length would be different. The only thing I don`t like that there would be a necessity to widen cockpit area as well which would be costly.

Attachments

• NG wide.jpg
    NG wide.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 373
Nice sketches,they all look promissing,hope to see some more.

best regards

Pedro

Thank you Pedro. Here is another sketch. Pontiac Sknwalkr concept. And Dodge Intrepid 2017 Concept.

Attachments

• sknw.jpg
    sknw.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Dodge Intrepid.jpg
    Dodge Intrepid.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 41
Boeing Regional Jet ( Boeing Boreal). Some ideation sketches. Unfinalised design yet.One of the versions is a small cargo plane.

Attachments

• Boreal2.jpg
    Boreal2.jpg
    864.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Boreal3.jpg
    Boreal3.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Boreal1.jpg
    Boreal1.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Boreal4.jpg
    Boreal4.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 88
World Trade Center 2 and X, Hudson Yards Onyx Tower, Hudson Twins and Needle tower Manhattan, NY.

Attachments

• wtcxx.JPG
    wtcxx.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 40
Northrop-Grumman X-55 Minus. ( it will be reworked, it is still too raw and not fluid enough.)

Attachments

• North.jpg
    North.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 76
Fascinating way you integrated wing leading edge and engine nacelle on the NGW airliner!

Existing prodded engine nacelles are easy to maintain and solve several structural functions, but interference drag can be a b@&$!
Example: the hassle Boeing goes through every time they up-engine their 727.

By "easy to maintain" I mean quick access via large, hinged panels/hatches. Separate nacelles also facilitate quick engine changes by allowing access from most angles. At minimum you want to retain easy access to half or 3/4 the circumference of the engine. Think about easily approaching it with a replacement engine on a fork-lift.
Structurally, nacelles hang the weight/mass forward of the wing spar/structure reducing flutter tendencies.

Aerodynamically, it is simpler to keep the engine inlet even with or ahead of the wing leading edge, to keep smooth airflow into the engine.

I have often wondered if the World War 2-vintage B-24 bomber would have been more efficient if they had squared the engine surpercharger intakes, flattened them and blended them into the wing's leading edge and top skin???????

Your sketches are amazing in that you seem to intuitively understand most of balance and aerodynamic concepts while still sketching more graceful, flowing lines than anyone else.

Could we please see more of your sketches of engine nacelles blended into wing leading edges or tail leading edges?
Maybe a spiral leading edge extending from the wing center-section blended into the leading edge of the engine nacelle on your BOREAL?