• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Advancedboy's Designs Topic

ADVANCEDBOY

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
6th generation fighter. I decided to leave vertical stabilizers with a possibility to pivot them at positive and negative angles or aligned with the main wing. To withstand extreme G forces the stabilizers are attached to a rotating hub around engine assembly. Without any stabilizers aerodynamic stability in manoeuvers could be compromised. That`s just my 2 cents.

Attachments

ADVANCEDBOY

Reaction score
I can work on it. Will need some time. I am not happy wit this rendering, the shape is ok, but the rendering seems dry, and there is no depth to color , shades and texture.

ADVANCEDBOY

Reaction score
Bell Model 360 Invictus (FARA program) reworked. Bell will soon reveal their mockup , probably next week. Sorry, I had to delete my initial rendering, it is simply not good enough. It has to be solid, unique and correctly proportioned. I will do my second attempt and post it later.

Last edited:

ADVANCEDBOY

Reaction score
Boeing FARA. Clean sheet design. It has two versions, with a jet engine and with a propfan. It has also got retractable swivel wings for high speeds. They are located under the engine cowling stamping and above weapons bay. I will add some failed sketches to show what other options I had .

Attachments

ADVANCEDBOY

Reaction score
First of the four sketches from the previous post. These are the rejected ones, the single pic below is the final version. a2.jpg from previous post.

Attachments

Last edited:

edwest

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
A few comments.

In the US, Industrial Design is now Product Design.

Knowing how to draw well on paper first will always serve you well. 3D Design is for those who understand drawing on paper and proper perspective drawing.

Both cars and aircraft, regardless of type, have certain underlying fundamentals. Without understanding the rules, new designs will just look wrong to the average viewer.

Detroit has no interest in better design from the United States just cheap labor. There are very smart and talented designers in foreign countries who are willing to work for less money.

The current trajectory of the United States is to buy cheap and sell high. Wall Street actually runs everything.